Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #1737
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Absolutely. Definitely not a good idea to terminate a grandfathered $20 CCU plan out of spite, the cost of the Mobley is trivial compared against the plan benefits and savings. Offer it up and I think your PM mailbox would fill with offers to take it off your hands.
X2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Absolutely. Definitely not a good idea to terminate a grandfathered $20 CCU plan out of spite, the cost of the Mobley is trivial compared against the plan benefits and savings. Offer it up and I think your PM mailbox would fill with offers to take it off your hands.
This will only work if the OP is willing to turn over all the information on their AT&T account, leave it in their name and allow someone they probably don't know to make payments to their account. Not something I would ever consider. You can't just change the name on the account and assume it. AT&T will cancel the account. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:53 PM   #1739

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey buddy, take out the sim card & mail me the mobley. Heck, I’ll even give you some money! [emoji383]
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #1740

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Mine also stopped working so I called ATT and they transferred me to the connect a car people who walked me through a reset...there is a red light that comes on when pushing in the reset button..I think it took seven seconds. they also directed me to the admin site where I adjusted the time out function. We now take it out of the OBD when we are finished with using the internet.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #1741

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The service is the deal - the hardware is incidental. I bought a netgear 815 used via eBay for $35 landed. Plugged in the SIM from my Mobley and it works great.

Now I have more than 5 devices, battery powered, charge/power by any USB cable or the included AC power brick, and can easily connect external antennas.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #1742

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
$20 Unlimited Data with ZTE Mobley Device

If you google Zte Mobley you can get to the manual and download all the info on how to reset it .. it’s very simple just hold down the button on the side for a few seconds and it resets to default.. of course you now need to sign in on th old default name and password. Maybe you did that accidentally .. have you tried the original setup password. If accidentally reset it would appear to be “gone” if you used different passwords
Throwing out a $20 plan that’s not available anymore is painful to many who didn’t get in on the deal. Or those of us using it
The sim , if that isn’t in fact the problem , will work as others have stated in other and frankly better devices or even another Mobley! ... the plan is still there we are all still using it .. you didn’t get cut off , your equipment just has a glitch
Stop being p.... off and fix the problem all cell phone companies are terrible at CS. The connected car part wasn’t handled in stores and very few people even know it exists. Expect no help unless you call connected car directly , even then it’s a crapshoot. Face it .. the plan is a steal !! They aren’t going to bend over backward for 20 bucks [emoji6]
Old 02-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #1743

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with many of the others... Diagnose and/or replace the hardware. The service plan of $20 unlimited is no longer available. I would do everything possible to keep that plan.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:32 AM   #1744

Many AT&T techs later...

My Mobley stopped working. No apparent reason. My attempts to reset/restart were useless. I have the manual. 5-6 AT&T techs attempted to get it to wake up. One green light only for power. They had to turn it off at their end. ( don’t know what they meant) and reset it. Multiple attempts. Felt hopeless. Final tech was able to get it to recognize the cell tower & connect. Tried to find out exactly what she did but couldn’t understand. Best guess is she didn’t really know either but kept resetting on her end. Something about completely disconnecting...

Whatever she did worked and what was looking like a brick has been working ever since (knock on wood) so OP don’t give up. Keep going up the hierarchy of tech support and good luck
Old 02-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #1745

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
This will only work if the OP is willing to turn over all the information on their AT&T account, leave it in their name and allow someone they probably don't know to make payments to their account. Not something I would ever consider. You can't just change the name on the account and assume it. AT&T will cancel the account. Chuck
You can transfer responsibility of an active account from one person to another.

https://www.att.com/tobr/
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #1746

these have a one year warranty, ZTE 877-817-1759. call ZTE they will ask you to return and send you another one. IMHO it would be foolish to cancel such a golden plan as $20.00 month unlimited. I was lucky enough to get a car connect person who replaced my bad mobley. good luck
Old 02-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #1747

I have a Mobley if anyone is interested.

I only used it in vehicle twice to make sure it worked. Then put the sim in a hotspot.

If your in S WI Ill trade it for beer.
srt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #1748

FYI: it isn’t the Mobley that is valuable (it is not), it is the plan the SIM is tied to. You can acquire another hot-spot device and stick the “mobley” SIM in it.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #1749

Newmar Owners Club
SRT20
You have mail.

Jim
Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 AM   #1750

some here have said the service is no longer available but I was on my att account webpage yesterday and a chat with a rep who said the plan is still available. they are out of mobleys however so what is another good device that will work with the att sim.
runamuck is online now   Reply With Quote