Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
some here have said the service is no longer available but I was on my att account webpage yesterday and a chat with a rep who said the plan is still available. they are out of mobleys however so what is another good device that will work with the att sim.
It is NOT the same plan we all bought for unlimited at $20.00. No matter what that rep said. This this the Shared Mobile Advantage plan and is not we all have that signed up for the Mobley early on. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
It is NOT the same plan we all bought for unlimited at $20.00. No matter what that rep said. This this the Shared Mobile Advantage plan and is not we all have that signed up for the Mobley early on.
That is correct, the rep was talking about the $20 hotspot add-on to an existing Unlimited Plus data plan, not the Mobley $20 standalone plan (the $20 standalone Mobley plan is gone and no longer available since last year.) People frequently get the two confused in this thread and even AT&T CS agents don't always get it.

Also FWIW AT&T just announced that even the $20 hotspot add-on to Unlimited Plus is now gone:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/bre...bile-hotspots/
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:14 AM   #1753

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
That is correct, the rep was talking about the $20 hotspot add-on to an existing Unlimited Plus data plan, not the Mobley $20 standalone plan (the $20 standalone Mobley plan is gone and no longer available since last year.) People frequently get the two confused in this thread and even AT&T CS agents don't always get it.

Also FWIW AT&T just announced that even the $20 hotspot add-on to Unlimited Plus is now gone:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/bre...bile-hotspots/
odd that their agents would be so uninformed. I specifcally asked the agent if the mobley and 20$ unlimited service for it was still available. pretty unconfusing question, and the agent said yes but they don have any mobleys but there are several others selling them. this was on my account page and I dont have unlimited service and didnt ask about any hotspot. other posters on the net have said that you can get the service and just use any hardware that will accept the att chip. my goal was to find some sort of streaming service to use while trailering and not have to leave on the ignition in my truck. what is the prevailing method folks are using to do this.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:36 AM   #1754
RV LIFE Support Team

You don't need to leave your ignition on just by an adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
You don't need to leave your ignition on just by an adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
that is for the Mobley. I know about power supplies for those but I am looking for an alternative to the Mobley. I can get unlimited wifi from sirius xm but it only works with ignition key on so I am looking for a device similar to Mobley that I can power inside my trailer. other posters have said there are several hotspot devices out there that will take an att chip and work like a Mobley but no product names
have been mentioned.
thanx
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:52 AM   #1756
RV LIFE Support Team

If you are thinking of putting the Mobley sim into a different device. Be careful. I have seen some comments that Big Brother is watching. Don't know if they turn your service off if you aren't complying with the TOS or not. Just vague rumors now.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:13 AM   #1757

Quote:
that is for the Mobley. I know about power supplies for those but I am looking for an alternative to the Mobley. I can get unlimited wifi from sirius xm but it only works with ignition key on so I am looking for a device similar to Mobley that I can power inside my trailer. other posters have said there are several hotspot devices out there that will take an att chip and work like a Mobley but no product names
have been mentioned.
thanx
Reports are now coming in that internet service has been disabled on devices that have had the Mobley chip removed and placed in that device. It is restored when placed back in the Mobley. Why not just get an adapter? Chuck
Old 03-08-2018, 06:32 AM   #1758

Quote:
Reports are now coming in that internet service has been disabled on devices that have had the Mobley chip removed and placed in that device. It is restored when placed back in the Mobley. Why not just get an adapter? Chuck
That is wildly incorrect.

However, if you have service in your truck, I don't know how to get it on a different device. The "Mobley" plan is long gone.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:34 AM   #1759

Quote:
odd that their agents would be so uninformed. I specifcally asked the agent if the mobley and 20$ unlimited service for it was still available. pretty unconfusing question, and the agent said yes but they don have any mobleys but there are several others selling them. this was on my account page and I dont have unlimited service and didnt ask about any hotspot. other posters on the net have said that you can get the service and just use any hardware that will accept the att chip. my goal was to find some sort of streaming service to use while trailering and not have to leave on the ignition in my truck. what is the prevailing method folks are using to do this.
Odd ? No, SOP for AT&T. I tried to put a hotspot on a $25/2Gb/90 day plan they advertise and it could not be done by anyone in 3 different AT&T stores. Finally gave up and returned the hotspot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT&T July 2017
Domestic DataConnect Pass Pay as You Go Plans
$5 for 250 MB of data for 24 hours
$25 for 2 GB of data for 90 days
$29.99 for Unlimited GB for 30 days (NEW Plan)
The buyasession website is completely down now.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
That is wildly incorrect.

However, if you have service in your truck, I don't know how to get it on a different device. The "Mobley" plan is long gone.
This is wildly correct. First-hand reports from current Mobley users are saying they have no internet with their devices that they moved the sim card from the Mobley to the different device. They also report their AT&T account page shows the sim card is not in the Mobley. They also report that the when the sim card is reinserted in the Mobley they are once again able to access the internet after a short period of time and their AT&T account page once again shows the Mobley. Most of us DO NOT have the Mobley plugged into the vehicle and it is a simple two minute or less matter to switch out the sim card. Chuck
Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #1761

Quote:
This is wildly correct. First-hand reports from current Mobley users are saying they have no internet with their devices that they moved the sim card from the Mobley to the different device. They also report their AT&T account page shows the sim card is not in the Mobley. They also report that the when the sim card is reinserted in the Mobley they are once again able to access the internet after a short period of time and their AT&T account page once again shows the Mobley. Most of us DO NOT have the Mobley plugged into the vehicle and it is a simple two minute or less matter to switch out the sim card. Chuck
I'm subscribed to 4+ Mobley threads across multiple forums and none go along with that.

I also have one of my mobile sims in an explore and it's worked/is working fine.

The person in question has OnStar though, and I don't know of any way to move that service to a Mobley/whatever other router device you choose. I wonder if there's an "always on" hack for his truck wifi......
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #1762

Quote:
Your AT&T account page will always display what device is in use, that is normal. As to AT&T disabling service based on moving the SIM, I watch this issue very closely and have never seen anything like this reported, and in fact moving a SIM between devices in the same category (i.e. hotspot to hotspot) is specifically allowed in AT&T T&C's. Can you please provide a link to even a single example case of what you are talking about?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #1763

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
$20 Unlimited Data with ZTE Mobley Device

I don’t believe it’s allowed in the connected car TOS which is different than the att hotspot plans but it’s not been enforced. There are those that I follow and are “connected” that feel att is about to crack down on Mobley plans used outside the Mobley itself . Until it happens it’s just rumor. . I would continue to watch closely
Old 03-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #1764

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
have been mentioned.
thanx
You actually get it from Onstar/AT&T. Sirius XM doesn't provide Internet.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote