Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #197
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, everyone!

Ordered the Mobley VM6200 from abc warehouse. They shipped in a couple of days. Called the Connected Car #. Got most of it set up by phone. Was told that the SIM card that came with it would not work. So, went to ATT corporate store. Took my new account number with me. (Thanks to the poster who mentioned getting this number.) Finished the setup with the existing SIM card. Evidently if the SIM card has ever been used before it cannot be re-used. My was brand new, so no problem.

Plugged it into my car outside the store. Fired up the laptop. Everything working fine. Drove the 20 miles home with youtube videos running and autoloading the next video. I did not watch, of course. But I could hear the music. It never stopped to buffer.

So far, I am a very happy, and grateful, camper. Hopefully it will continue to work well. Thanks to everyone.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #198

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got my sim card replaced at a non-company store and turned on! Hooked it into the truck on the way home and it worked great. Still going strong, now to find out how to get into attwifimanager????/ I think I have to download an app or something.

Never mind, found it!

burfurd
Old 05-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #199

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd View Post
Just got my sim card replaced at a non-company store and turned on! Hooked it into the truck on the way home and it worked great. Still going strong, now to find out how to get into attwifimanager????/ I think I have to download an app or something.

Never mind, found it!

burfurd

Please tell me how & Where you found attwifimanager?
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #200

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
Please tell me how & Where you found attwifimanager?
Put http://attwifimanager in the address bar of your browser and hit enter. The default password is attadmin.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #201
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by auferret View Post
Put http://attwifimanager in the address bar of your browser and hit enter. The default password is attadmin.
I am looking at the card that came in the box with my Mobley. The login is: attadmin. I do not believe there is a default password set at first for the attwifimanager. (There is a Wi-Fi password for using the Mobley which was included on that same card, but that is not what you are asking.) I only have had mine working for a few hours so far (just got it), so have not looked how to add or change passwords yet.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #202

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by auferret View Post
First you must connect to the Mobley...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #203

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might also try to connect to http://192.168.1.1 IP address. It works for me or did yesterday, can't seem to connect today!

burfurd
Old 05-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #204

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are like me and you can't get the 'no time out' function through IE, Chrome, Firefox, try Safari for Windows, it popped right up!

burfurd
Old 05-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #205

How are you powering up the Mobley in the MH? The first night I had it, it worked with the adapter cable that takes it from the car hook up to a USB. I had it plugged into a cigarette lighter power adapter on the MH dash. The next morning, no power. It does work in the car no problem. So I thought it must be the Cig power adapter not putting out enough volts. i just got an Aukey Cig power adapter to USB that is supposed to go to 12 V output but the Mobley still will not come on. Won't turn on with a USB 110 Turbo charger rated at 12V either. Argh!
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #206

wooohhoooo finally

I got my sim card in the mail today. After my 2.5 hour nightmare the day my mobley arrived from ABC warehouse. I called car connect again via the number that was listed in here. They asked to verify my info. said yep not a problem. patched me to their automated service to finalize my set up. whole thing took less than 5 mins.

Waited 5 mins and plugged it in via an adapter cord i bought from amazon 3rd party. (wished i knew this was all this was tho cause would have done it myself and saved the 30 bucks) I got nice service. I was a little nervous on the range of this device. I quickly checked it with my cell phone and it reaches 40 feet and still sits at half bars. so more than enough to get signal from one end to the other in my motorhome or around the camp site.

THANKS to everyone who brought this to my attention.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #207

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbelcher View Post
Waited 5 mins and plugged it in via an adapter cord i bought from amazon 3rd party. (wished i knew this was all this was tho cause would have done it myself and saved the 30 bucks.
I thought the same thing, so when a friend wanted to make his own, we had no luck finding the female ODBII connector. Does anyone have a source for these?
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
I thought the same thing, so when a friend wanted to make his own, we had no luck finding the female ODBII connector. Does anyone have a source for these?
I did a search on Google for OBD2 female connector and found several on ebay
Old 05-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #209

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
$7.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #210

Got my SIM card today, called connected car, got setup and online. I verified with the girl at CC that it was the $20/month unlimited and she confirmed it.

I next went on-line to setup my ATT login so I could check my account billing online. My plan was listed as 1GB for $20. I looked at the plan update area and saw I could get 3GB for $30 or unilimited for $20. I checked the Unlimited data for $20 and got a confirmatory email.....

SO I wonder if I hadn't checked my account if I would have actually had the plan I requested and thought I had......