Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #2353

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting thing happened with mine today. Got it activated last week by going to a store, and they provided a new sim. (original was mismatched to the info in my account). OK, left and everything worked fine.

Today I put the sim in a Netgear modem, got locked out, called and got the puk code, unlocked it and set a new pw. Good to go? Whoa, not so fast. About 2 minutes later, I notice that the internet connect LED is no longer lit, although the device still showed 3 bars signal, and loggin into to it, showed connected with internat access. But there was no internet. Then a screen popped up asking for the PIN, with a warning that it was going to lock the sim with only 1 incorrect pin.

I called tech support again, and after discussing and verifying, and he askied for IMEI and ICCID numbers. He finally was able to unlock the sim again, after verifying the mobley IMEI. So that's where it is, but I told him I wanted to put it in a Netgear modem, and gave him the IMEI number. He tried to add that number to the account, but said it wouldn't allow. So he told me to take the device and the SIM to a store, and have them do it. Yep. That's what he said to do.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusL View Post
I just said that I was messing with stuff and that it's now asking for my unlock PIN. The support person was happy to help.
So, you specifically said 'asking for my unlock PIN' or did you use 'PUK' / 'PUK code'?

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #2355

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
I called tech support again, and after discussing and verifying, and he askied for IMEI and ICCID numbers. He finally was able to unlock the sim again, after verifying the mobley IMEI. So that's where it is, but I told him I wanted to put it in a Netgear modem, and gave him the IMEI number. He tried to add that number to the account, but said it wouldn't allow. So he told me to take the device and the SIM to a store, and have them do it. Yep. That's what he said to do.
Please update once you go to the store. I wonder what the Reps at the store will do with this.

I hope this is an isolated PUK Code issue.

BTW, what is the number you are calling for their Tech Support?

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
Old 02-11-2019, 05:41 PM   #2356

Has anyone out there considered a software solution for the auto-sleep problem? Using Firefox, I have been able to successfully send commands to the Mobley through its web interface to change the auto-sleep time, but I can only verify that I'm changing it between existing menu choices. Perhaps in the newest firmware version, even though the "No Time Out" menu choice is gone, maybe the Mobley will still take the command for "No Time Out". What we need is someone with a Mobley that doesn't have the firmware update--perhaps someone who has been using its SIM in another device--to see what that command is.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #2357

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Please update once you go to the store. I wonder what the Reps at the store will do with this.

Will do. He said to tell them to read the notes that are in my account, and said what I am wanting to do is allowed under the TOS. He put a credit to my account for the new sim card I will need. My concern is if I get a new sim to use in the modem, that I will end up on some other data plan. He said I would not.

The number I called was the same number you call to activate to device when you first get it, found it on this thread. something something 1099, IIR.
Indian River, De
Old 02-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #2358

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Interesting thing happened with mine today. Got it activated last week by going to a store, and they provided a new sim. (original was mismatched to the info in my account). OK, left and everything worked fine.

Today I put the sim in a Netgear modem, got locked out, called and got the puk code, unlocked it and set a new pw. Good to go? Whoa, not so fast. About 2 minutes later, I notice that the internet connect LED is no longer lit, although the device still showed 3 bars signal, and loggin into to it, showed connected with internat access. But there was no internet. Then a screen popped up asking for the PIN, with a warning that it was going to lock the sim with only 1 incorrect pin.

OUCH! I was hoping to put my SIM into a Netgear modem, too, which I'm only expecting to receive later this week. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my newly acquired SIM out of the Mobley and hoping it didn't already get locked after some use in it.

Please keep us posted!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #2359

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathComp View Post
Has anyone out there considered a software solution for the auto-sleep problem? Using Firefox, I have been able to successfully send commands to the Mobley through its web interface to change the auto-sleep time, but I can only verify that I'm changing it between existing menu choices. Perhaps in the newest firmware version, even though the "No Time Out" menu choice is gone, maybe the Mobley will still take the command for "No Time Out". What we need is someone with a Mobley that doesn't have the firmware update--perhaps someone who has been using its SIM in another device--to see what that command is.
I thought about this a few days ago, if we could get someone with a Mobley older firmware and try with something like Wireshark to get what is sent when 'No Time Out' is selected in the web interface's combobox.

What is sent?

But, 1st test with my new 14v adapter, Mobley set to 30 minutes it no timeout after 40 minutes. Repeating tests and will check over the next several hours.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/moble...ml#post4631915

Old 02-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #2360

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
I ordered this last week and hopefully it will be delivered soon. Ultimately I would like to move the SIM to my Cradlepoint IBR router, but if I can’t get the PUK code to unlock it then this is my fallback plan.

Bill

Received the adapter today and had it plugged in for about 3 hours now. Set the timeout to 30 minutes so if it would timeout it would be quick. After the initial 30 minutes the WiFi connection went away. But now after over two hours it is still up. Will test overnight.

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #2361

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
Received the adapter today and had it plugged in for about 3 hours now. Set the timeout to 30 minutes so if it would timeout it would be quick. After the initial 30 minutes the WiFi connection went away. But now after over two hours it is still up. Will test overnight.

Bill

I'm pretty sure my wifi did not disconnect. I am not disconnecting the laptop from the Mobley's wifi and testing that way.

Before I go to bed, I will keep the laptop connected and check in the morning.

Posting results in the Mobley Problem thread (link posted above).

Old 02-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
The Mobley manual says it accepts voltages up to 16VDC so you should be fine at 15.6VDC running. If it worries you then you could add a power diode inline with it to drop the voltage, you can get a solar panel power diode for under $1 on ebay.

Thanks Isaac.....
Could you measure the open circuit voltage from your SEL HT72005 power supply and let me know.
MartyQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #2363

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathComp View Post
OUCH! I was hoping to put my SIM into a Netgear modem, too, which I'm only expecting to receive later this week. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my newly acquired SIM out of the Mobley and hoping it didn't already get locked after some use in it.

Please keep us posted!
I have been bouncing my new Mobley sim between the Mobley with a Mobile AC Adapter and the NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem sine January. I had some data slow down but only once did it shut down/lockup while in the Mobley. I am very satisfied with the NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem even with only two bars it gets twice the speed of the Mobley, usally over 10mb/s. I have cancelled the S&B cable/internet and been watching a lot of "AT&T Watch TV" (a free version of DirectTV Now) all weekend with no stuttering when in the modem (so far 48 gigs this month)
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #2364

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQQ View Post
Thanks Isaac.....
Could you measure the open circuit voltage from your SEL HT72005 power supply and let me know.
He posted results here:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/moble...ml#post4633067

Open is high.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQQ View Post
Thanks Isaac.....

Marty, I see someone beat me to it, opecn circuit on the SEL HT72005 measures out at 20.40 VDC which I thought was very high, though min-max and peak min-max are within safe operating range on a running Mobley
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #2366

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post

Well I'm back from the ATT store, and the news is not good. Store manager logged into the account, and read the notes the Senior tech wrote yesterday, and is clearly said that I told them what I wanted to do, and that all I'll need is a new SIM card, they would enter the IMEI of my Netgear modem, and I'd be on my way.

The system wouldn't accept the EMEI number without changing plans from the Mobley plan, to something like 25gb for $45 month. I said as per the notes in the system, that I want to stay on the same plan, and she showed me that the system gives an "OOOPS" message, and stops the process unless I switch plans.

So it seems that they are checking the EMEI number and ICCID number to verify device is permitted on the Connected Car Plan.

Seems strange that some folks have been successful in switching the SIM to another device, and now you can't.
Indian River, De