Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #1261

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Redcolorado -- what time of day were you successful in ordering the Mobley online? And which time zone? I have been checking nightly after midnight and about 9 am Pacific time. I'll set an alarm if there is a better time of day to get one. Thanks for the encouraging news!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #1262

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Redcolorado -- what time of day were you successful in ordering the Mobley online? And which time zone? I have been checking nightly after midnight and about 9 am Pacific time. I'll set an alarm if there is a better time of day to get one. Thanks for the encouraging news!
I ordered mine at 5pm ET on 7/18. It showed up two days later. I was not an AT&T customer prior to that. I never ran into an out of stock issue.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #1263

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I ordered mine at 5pm ET on 7/18. It showed up two days later. I was not an AT&T customer prior to that. I never ran into an out of stock issue.
If only you had shared this amazing deal on the RVM thread. <sigh> I won't hold that against you for very long.

Eventually I hope to get a Mobley and a $20 AT&T wireless home phone. Then I'll be paying $40/month for what now costs me $117.

Do you know of any hacks that will let that wireless home phone ring on my iPhone -- without it officially having service? I don't imagine it could be as easy as swapping out SIM cards. I don't really use my cell phone much, except to see what date and time it is. I don't think I'll miss it much. Hmm, will the camera still work without service or is it destined to become a paperweight?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #1264

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
If only you had shared this amazing deal on the RVM thread. <sigh> I won't hold that against you for very long.

Eventually I hope to get a Mobley and a $20 AT&T wireless home phone. Then I'll be paying $40/month for what now costs me $117.

Do you know of any hacks that will let that wireless home phone ring on my iPhone -- without it officially having service? I don't imagine it could be as easy as swapping out SIM cards. I don't really use my cell phone much, except to see what date and time it is. I don't think I'll miss it much. Hmm, will the camera still work without service or is it destined to become a paperweight?
I read about it on IRV2 so it was quite publicly known. Need to read more

I have no clue what this wireless phone thingy is. I should mention you do realize some cell phones (iPhones are one type I know) that are capable of doing wireless calling. e.g., they'll use your wifi connection to make the call. You likely need a service provider for this to work, otherwise you wouldn't have a number that is dialing the call.

As far as your phone not having a service provider, all the other functions will still operate just fine. Anything needing data will get it when your phone is connected to wifi. Plus you'll always be able to dial 911 no matter what. Camera will certainly work, music player if you do that sort of thing.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #1265

Winnebago Owners Club
How is the coverage in Quartzsite AZ ? and will the internet work there. Thanks
More-Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #1266

I think Google voice on a wifi-only phone would work. Been a long while since I've messed with such things.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 PM   #1267

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was in La Posa South LTVA last winter about 2 miles southeast of the entrance. On Verizon I could get 2 bars -- enough to do voice calling, email and web surfing. Since I didn't have an unlimited data plan I never tried streaming.

This year I will have unlimited data so I found my 3 year old Wilson Sleek cell booster and have added a new Yagi directional antenna on a mast about 6' above the roof. I hope this will allow me to stream movies and TV.

During the week of the big RV show in January even trying to make a voice call was almost impossible. With an extra 3-400,000 people in the area the cell systems just couldn't keep up.

So I guess my answer is -- it depends on provider, date, time, equipment and distance to the towers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #1268

Quartzsite at peak rush is really an acid test. All of the carriers have decent signal there but the towers are so overloaded with users that signal strength doesn't mean much. And now with all the 'free' streaming and 'unlimited' plans I can't imagine it will be anything but worse.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #1269

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Perhaps being a night owl will work in my favor as to streaming at Q. Not a lot of folks using data from midnight to 3 am, I hope.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #1270

Quote:
I ordered it at 1:15 pm cst on Friday Sep 8. By 1:30 they were out of stock. Good luck.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #1271

I just found and jumped on this thread...so I apologize in advance!

I'm a Verizon customer...Can I still get and use Morley or do I have to be a ATT customer?

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
I just found and jumped on this thread...so I apologize in advance!

I'm a Verizon customer...Can I still get and use Morley or do I have to be a ATT customer?
If you can find the Mobley in stock, you can use it. It uses a standalone AT&T "connected car" plan.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:53 AM   #1273

ATT's Connected Car Plan is a standalone plan. Even if you are an ATT customer, it is set up as a separate plan. So, no, you would not have a problem getting the plan. That said, as you can read here, the devices are hard to come by these days. But that could change, no one knows for sure.
W4KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #1274

Thank you so much...appreciate the info

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote