Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
A Good LCD TV

For anyone looking to replace a CRT with an inexpensive, GOOD LCD TV, this would fit the bill.

I bought it in December and like it. It is a 28" 1080p LCD, for $299

I got it for the TT but now I'm not sure if it's going to actually make it out there

For a little review: I changed my defaults, on it, to get a cleaner picture and color that I prefer.

When you first start it, don't let the 'blue screen of death' worry you. This TV starts up with a blue screen and in about two seconds, the picture comes in.

The only 'speaker out' is for headphones, however, you could hook up computer external speakers, if you wanted to. I have not as the internal speakers are just fine and has 'simulated' surround sound that is just fine for small spaces.

You can hook in two other items (without a switch) directly in-- such as DVD, Game Player, VHS, etc.

All-in-all, for the price, I really like it. Not to mention, the size and weight about 19 lbs.

Sheila

Costco - Hannspree 28" LCD Widescreen HDTV

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I saw that one at our local Costco, also. For the size, that's a great price.

The ones I've got my eye on are the LED backlit TV's. I saw these over at Costco too, & they are amazing! They are SO slim & the picture is so clear. The blacks show so much better on these than on regular LCD HDTV's. Side-by-side with a std LCD HDTV, the LED backlit won hands down. If I can find one with an integrated DVD player, I'm getting it to replace our coach bedroom CRT TV that bit the dust last fall.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I saw that one at our local Costco, also. For the size, that's a great price.

The ones I've got my eye on are the LED backlit TV's. I saw these over at Costco too, & they are amazing! They are SO slim & the picture is so clear. The blacks show so much better on these than on regular LCD HDTV's. Side-by-side with a std LCD HDTV, the LED backlit won hands down. If I can find one with an integrated DVD player, I'm getting it to replace our coach bedroom CRT TV that bit the dust last fall.

Lori-
The LED TV's are amazing. 1" deep!!!!! Great color and contrast but at a premium price. It will not take long for these units to come down in price and the days of the standard LCD will come to an end quickly. There was one on sale at Ultimate Electronics that, if I owned a home, would be in my living room today ($1500 off).
Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #4

What kind of an antenna do you have?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
To replace the TV we used in the bedroom of our rig, we purchased a Visio VM190XVT (19" LED backlit) TV at Costco. It has a beautiful picture and when we are not traveling, resides in our kitchen.

One of the best features (besides the picture) is it is powered by 12v DC by a wall wart (plugin power supply) in the house. As soon as I make a 12v power cable for it, we will power it from the 12V system in the RV and leave the plug-in power supply at home!

V8Square - you do not need a 'special' antenna for DTV- use the one you already have on your RV. Our rig has a round antenna that picks up from all directions and it works fine most of the time. I do wish we had a crank-up antenna with some directivity and gain since DTV actually more susceptible to multipath issues than the good old analog TV was as well as being transmitted with lower power.

Randy
Texas Boomers, FMCA #366366 SKP #91936
'03 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PWD
RandD is offline   Reply With Quote