Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2016, 09:30 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Advice needed on "Tire Monitors for dummies?! "

Can anyone advise me on the most reliable tire monitoring system for our 43 foot diesel pusher and toad. We have 12 wheels total.
I need to stop researching and just order one!
I am reading good things from years back about pressure pro but then see trouble with replacement parts?
TST looked good but was taken back by the 30 minute delay. ( forgive me on not being certain on WHAT delay)
Real time reporting is what seems most important to me.
But I did warn you all......I am a tire dummy
Your advice would be very appreciated
Bowiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
We went with TST for our TPMS. I don't understand what the 30 minute delay was about? What did impress me was their customer service. Mike has always been there when we phone for info or service. We had one TST sensor which had been torn off in a blowout. I mentioned it in a thread here and Mike actually reached out to me on IRV2 and got me a new one.....super service. And the units work very well....tells me the temperature and the pressure.....easy to set-up and I'm a somewhat typical man who doesn't always read the instructions front to back.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #3

Don't buy what I have> TireTechOn
Old 02-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't thinks there is any thirty minute delay. You sure it's not a thirty second delay you're talking about?

I have used TPMS from TST since the time they went into business and I depend on it.

Generally you will get an over temp or under pressure warning long before you have a blow out.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I bought TireTraker for the following reasons!

1. Best price at the time for a system with 10 sensors and a repeater for the bedroom closet.

2. User-replaceable batteries

3. Cap-type sensors so no air leaks

4. Easy programming

5. Simple operation

6. Lifetime warranty

7. Good customer support

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
TST systems poll all sensors on a time cycle, sometimes it seems a little random to me - however I can say that when the pressure reduces to the alarm level it is immediate to alarm. I had a tire fail (manufacture defect) and it alarmed just as I was looking in rear view mirror and saw the tire explode.

I would recommend the TST - good price point, great customer service.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the tireminder TM66 system, up to 22 tire positions. Excellent customer service
TireMinder A1A Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with 6 Transmitters for RVs, MotorHomes, 5th Wheels, Motor Coaches and Trailers
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the TST 510 used on this site's classified pages, I run 10 sensors tho the system is capable of 22, and I got the repeater that sits in the right rear window of the coach because I couldn't sense the toad's sensors without it. I like it alot; easy to set up, unobtrusive until it senses trouble. The president of TST monitors these pages (he is likely reading this as I type) and supports iRv2 with advertising, and is available here for absolutely first rate customer service.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Last year I got rid of my $600 Doran Tire System after 6 yrs. The the original internal batteries were lasting 3-4 yrs but the new replacements were lasting only 2+ yrs and at $42 each it was diminishing return on investment.

While at the Quartzsite show last year I bought the EezTire system. For 10 sensors plus the signal booster for $472 including tax.
- I really like the flow thru sensors for the inside duals and got rid of the flex extenders.
- I really like the ease of programming, just take the display unit (it's got internal rechargeable battery) out next to the wheel to be programmed and it's pretty automatic. No punching in number codes.
- Replaceable batteries CR1632 at $1-2 each.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've been using the TST 507 for years and I've been very happy with it. As others have said you are looking at the time it takes to cycle. While going through the cycle if you have a low air occur in another tire it will notify you immediately. Mine doesn't take 30 minutes to do anything.

Customer service at TST is spot on.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bought the TST 507 system after having been a Pressure Pro distributor/dealer. The Pressure Pro fell behind the others and I wanted the latest. Used it on the 40' DSDP and had to use a repeater.
The Magna came with a SmarTire internal system. It's nearing the end of the batteries life so trying to decide whether to use the 507 internal sensors, the 507 with external sensors or buy new SmarTire sensors. I like the SmarTire system and it's already in place, but each sensor is $80 and the tires need to be off to replace them. Plus not every tire place works with them. I know the Les Schwab place in Junction City does but they're 110 miles away.
Still thinking...............
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have EEZRV but don't think you can go wrong with either the EEZRV or TST. Have seen good comments on both. I think both are reliable and good customer service on either.

EEZRV required a range extender to properly see all the wheels on my coach and trailer (39' coach and 20' car hauler).
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyhp View Post
I have EEZRV but don't think you can go wrong with either the EEZRV or TST. Have seen good comments on both. I think both are reliable and good customer service on either.

EEZRV required a range extender to properly see all the wheels on my coach and trailer (39' coach and 20' car hauler).
Also, the best advice I can give is "buy one now".
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TST 507 here. Works well. I have a mix of flow through and regular sensors. If I had a do over I would go with all regular.

I have a mix due to the flow through being physically larger and had interference fit to front wheel covers. TST readily swapped out two for regulars.

I would use all regulars as I have had two of the flow through with mechanical failure and if airing through them its slower to do so. I would use all regulars, not lock them on, and if needed they are then readily removable to adjust the tire pressure.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice