Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, and thanks Heinz577, I like the card, the card dont like this tower. Went to Saco the other day and it worked for over 7 hours without a hiccup. Went to Portland another day and was on-line about two hours, no problem. Today, went to Biddeford was on about 2 hours and no trouble got back here and after it didn't want to connect and if it would, it would disconnect in a couple of minutes at most.Called Alltel again and they gave me a newPRL to enter in and it worked for almost 2 hrs and then it disconnected twice and has stayed on now for 38 minutes. I told the Alltel that I thought it was the dumb sprint tower and they said while watching it they saw which tower it was connecting to and gave me the new PRL I still think it is the tower. I got to put up with this for maybe another month and then we plan to bust out again.
If, I don't fold and spindle the computer first should have no other problems. My sis won't let me put any kind of antenna on the home and I have tried outside,got better signal but still disconnected. Time to get out the 'farmers all-purpose helper!! Ha!
Anyway, I will try and keep up with posts till then, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Follow up. I E-mailed Alltel Last nite and gave them all the info on the disconnecting issue. also sent them my session logs and told them just what it was doing. Am waiting for there responce to the E-mail. Got the confurm letter this morning and it said that they would reply by tomarrow. More to be reviled...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Well, I havn't heard back from Alltel but,
I have been on-line for three hours now and earlier today too for over two hours. I sometimes has a little trouble coming out of Dormantcy but only once did I refresh the network connections and she lit up and started flashing fast and so far no other problems.Maybe they fixed the problem or...
I'm kinda curious as to what they say in reply to the problem or what they found. If it keeps working I guess its fixed.I hope so! thinks and have a good one, Capt.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
I will try this again!!
This air card goes Dormant when you have finished uploading or downing as it saves space on the tower you are connected on. If you press the send or if something like windows or my anti-virus wants a update then it would come out of dormantcy to do that and then when traffic is done it goes back into dormantcy. Does not have anything with the computer going into hibernation, which this computer does not do! This thing is screwing up again. It has disconnected and reconnected about.. I get tired of counting. If it don't quit, They are going to get another card sent to them, In pieces!!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #33

I will try this again as well
I have deleted the post that has driven you to this response.
Have a nice day if you can. Sorry to have been a bother.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry to Bill, Lost post twice while trying to get a explination of the dorancy.Its still driving me nuts and Alltel has doe anything to make any type of change. All they want is to charge there $60.00+ a month and don't care if it works.I have sent a letter to them and they still avn't replied. I guess they can't or won't fix the problem. That said I'm most likley shutting down the card and sending it to them,Not the way it came for sure. Have a good one
Old 01-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Follow up, I found a little un-heard of program called stay alive pro. It is made by a company called BySoft and it has been keeping the connection 'busy' so the card won't go into Dormantcy. I havn't had any problems since. I forgot to start the program this morning and Deb had it dis-connect twice and I turned the stay alive pro on and it has stayed on since. The program is small at about 650 kb. All I know is it has changed the way this thing works and thats what I was trying to do.