Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #1

Alfa wifi camp pro kit troubleshooting

Would anyone be willing to help me troubleshoot the Alfa Cam Pro WiFi Kit?

I get the campground signal but can not open webpages. I also just purchased a yagi antenna but haven't hooked it up yet. It looks like I need another component to hook it up.

Anyone have one of these kits?
Taheeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.
That device looks rather straight forward although I didn't see the operation manual listed on the site.
You might list the actual model number you're using for others to view.
Can we take it that you're able to access the Alfa Network device's setup/status utility in your browser?
When accessing the CG's Internet does it require credentials, Passphrase / login etc.?
Just because you're able to see a WAN/LAN WiFi wireless signal doesn't mean there is Internet available. Are you able to access the Internet from your computer where you are?
Surely others will have thoughts to your replies.
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

Taheebe
I have the Alpha WiFi Camp Pro as well, and I to have difficulty connecting to Campground WiFi. I can connect to the R-36 router, and I see tons of wifi channels, but can't connect ! Sure wish I hadn't tried to save $20-30 and bought from TecnoRV, who provide written instructions, as well as phone support !
I have a instruction sheet, if I can figure out how I'll post it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:25 AM   #4

Thank you so much for your reply.

This is the item/model number: AIlfa WiFi Camp Pro long range WiFi repeater kit R36/Tube-(U)N/AOA-2409-TF-Antenna.

The campground does not require a pass phrase or WEP.

Occasionally my iPad will connect to the campground wifi but I can not load anything with that signal. But if I go to the camp store that page will load.

I can access the Alfa Network device's setup/status utility. In order to do this, the 1 page directions require me to turn off the computers wifi, which I did. It doesn't say for me to turn the wifi back on and honestly, I was afraid to mess up the setup if I turned it back on.

I also just purchased a yagi antenna, thinking I'm not getting a strong enough signal and when I opened it up, I found no instructions but realized that I need to purchase a cable of some sort (trying to figure that out now) and also need the Alfa AWUSO36NH High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter lol.

I have reached out to the seller and he stated he only sells these and had no idea about troubleshooting. I was told by the seller to google the company and get in touch with them. I sent 2 emails, from my cell phone with internet access and both emails were returned back to me. There is no phone number that I could find on the company's website either.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #5

Maxjr758, same here. I see all sorts of availability I wish the same thing. I purchased the kit for $145.00 on Amazon. I wish I went through TechnoRV as well. But I thought the seller on Amazon would be able to provide some troubleshooting but he told me he just sells them and if I'm not happy to return it. I asked for Alfa's customer service number and he told me to google the company name and contact them. There's no phone number for them and the 2 emails I sent were returned back to me. I even tried signing up with their community and an error came up preventing me from joining
Old 07-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnTrek View Post
Welcome to the forum.
That device looks rather straight forward although I didn't see the operation manual listed on the site.
You might list the actual model number you're using for others to view.
Can we take it that you're able to access the Alfa Network device's setup/status utility in your browser?
When accessing the CG's Internet does it require credentials, Passphrase / login etc.?
Just because you're able to see a WAN/LAN WiFi wireless signal doesn't mean there is Internet available. Are you able to access the Internet from your computer where you are?
Surely others will have thoughts to your replies.

Good morning! I'm sorry, I've never been in forums and this is the first one. I typed a response to you response but didn't use the reply arrow. I hope you can see
My response. If not I'll rewrite it. Thank you again for your response and help. I truly appreciate it!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:42 AM   #7

Have you looked at this website?

https://store.rokland.com/pages/alfa-r36-support-center

I have the Alfa and haven't had any issues connecting with any Wifi's. I have a Mobley now and use it to connect to that.

I'd recommend you do the firmware update(if needed) before setting it up. I had mine setup and did the firmware update and lost all my settings.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:04 AM   #8

Thanks will try that link
Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #9

Thank you, I'll try that too!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #10

Do you have to be connected to a PC to do that of can it be done via wifi and my tablet?
Also do you have a link to the update?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #11

You must be connected with an Ethernet cable to set it up and to do the firmware update.

The firmware file is on this page I posted earlier under firmware updates. https://store.rokland.com/pages/alfa-r36-support-center
Old 07-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjr758 View Post
Taheebe
I have the Alpha WiFi Camp Pro as well, and I to have difficulty connecting to Campground WiFi. I can connect to the R-36 router, and I see tons of wifi channels, but can't connect ! Sure wish I hadn't tried to save $20-30 and bought from TecnoRV, who provide written instructions, as well as phone support !
I have a instruction sheet, if I can figure out how I'll post it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
I'll have to bring my computer home and do the firmware update. And I wish I went through technoRv as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #13

From the link:

Setup instructions

1. Connect your AWUS036H (or AWUS036NH/NHR for R36 model that supports NH/NHR) to the USB

port on R36 using a USB cable no longer than 5 feet. Do not plug in the R36 to the wall yet.

2. Disconnect your computer from any other networks. Turn off your internal WiFi adapter or

disconnect it from your network while configuring R36.

3. Connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the R36, and the other end to your computer. The

ports are labeled on the top front side of the router. Be sure to connect the cable to the LAN port, not

the WAN.

3. Plug the R36 into a wall outlet using enclosed AC adapter.

4. Open a web browser and type <http://192.168.2.1> into the place where you would normally type

a web site, then hit enter. When prompted for the login and password, enter 'admin' for both user and

password (no quotes)

5. On the first screen, click 'Easy Setup' at the top. Select USB Wireless Adapter.

6. On the System Configuration page, midway down, click the SITE SURVEY button. A new window will

appear showing available wireless networks. If none are displayed, click the RESCAN button.

7. Identify the network you wish to connect to, and click the circle to the left of it. Then click the

SELECT button at the bottom.

8. You will be returned to the System Configuration page. If your network is open (no password), click

the NEXT button at the bottom. If your network is password protected (you have a WEP or WPA key

for the network), enter your password at the bottom. For WPA networks, you will see a box called

"Pass Phrase" to enter the key. For WEP networks, you will see a box called WEP key #1. When done,

click NEXT.

9. For the next step, you will create your new network that you are going to broadcast from the R36

to local devices. Give this network a name in the SSID CHOICE box or leave it as default. Where it

says security mode, select the security type you want (WPA-PSK TKIP is recommended). Leave it set

at 'disabled' if you do not want any password protection for your new network. If you select WPA-PSK,

type the pass phrase you want to create for your new network in the passphrase box. Then click

DONE.

The router will proceed to reboot. This can take as long as five minutes- do not restart your computer

or unplug the router during this time. Once it has fully completed rebooting, then you are finished and

should be able to connect other devices to your newly created network. If your status continues to

show disconnected/connecting, this likely means the R36 is having trouble connecting to the WiFi

source and the password may be incorrect.

####TROUBLESHOOTING & RESET INSTRUCTIONS#####

If you accidentally unplug the R36 router during reboot, or it otherwise becomes unstable during use,

restart your computer, and unplug- wait 20 seconds- and plug the R36 back in. If that does not

resolve the issue, do a factory reset of the router. To reset the router, press and hold the reset button

on the underside of the device for about ten seconds. Release the reset button and wait ten seconds.

Press and hold it for ten seconds again until you see all lights (except power light) flash off

completely. Then plug your USB unit and cable back into the R36 and attempt to login to it to

reconfigure per initial setup instructions. If you do not see all lights flash off when you are pressing

the reset button, release it and try again. Generally though, as a fail safe, you just have to do it twice

for the reset to take place.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #14

Firmware update