Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

Antennacraft Mini State 9000

This unit froze up and took out some teeth on the large drive gear. I managed to get the shaft freed up and turning freely but the unit is useless without the drive gear.. Company is out of business and I can't find parts on line. Anybody have one of these in their pocket?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	495.5 KB
ID:	177902
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #2

There might be a chance you can find someone to model it in 3D, then print it for you. 3D printers are perfect for stuff like this, you just have to know how to use AutoCAD or something like that.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #3

I broke the gear into pieces. Don't ask me how, but I can't envision a 3D printer fix for this..I'm hoping I can find one on a trash heap somewhere.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #4

Skycraft in Orlando. They have everything.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #5

Thanks..I'll give them a call..Looked at their website but don't see where they sell anything RV related.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Skycraft in Orlando. They have everything.

Talked to the folks at Skycraft.. They don't carry anything related to the AntennaCraft MiniState 9000.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Try Bunkhouse Rv in Red Bay, last time I was there they had a few used antennas around, maybe they can help...

Also, check out the TiffinRVNetwork.com site, read a post where a guy was lookin to unload one awhile back

Good luck
WhiteLineFvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLineFvr View Post
Try Bunkhouse Rv in Red Bay, last time I was there they had a few used antennas around, maybe they can help...

Also, check out the TiffinRVNetwork.com site, read a post where a guy was lookin to unload one awhile back

Good luck

Thanks, I'll contact Bunkhouse. Also, I belong to TRVN and am working that angle too.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLineFvr View Post

Good luck

Karen at Bunkhouse told me they have no antennacraft laying around..
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOil View Post
I broke the gear into pieces. Don't ask me how, but I can't envision a 3D printer fix for this..I'm hoping I can find one on a trash heap somewhere.

I'm not sure you have a firm understanding of what a 3D printer is capable of doing. Your old part wouldn't be welded together or repaired. You'd simply get a brand new/printed gear. It is about a simple as it gets! Making a gear is basic. Round circle with a specific tooth count.

Get on your local craigslist and search "3D" printer. If you can't find someone local, let me know. I have a guy who may be willing to do it. It will save you a ton of time and sourcing a rare/non-existent part.
offtosleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #11

My son uses a 3D printer and the CAD type program associated with it. This is not a simple gear. It has cams and nubs on the underside that control the travel of the disk, a mounting plate for an electrical tab that screws to the underside of the gear. I understand the gear and he understands the printer. I decided to trash it and bought a winegard 3000. Tired of fixing the antenna craft junk
Old 10-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just junk it. It wasn't very good to start with and it won't be very good if you can fix it. Look at the Winegard models which range from fully automatic to the good old bat wing antenna. Since OTA is becoming less important, many coach and towable makers are going to omni directional antennas. Nothing to break and low enough to the roof not to get torn off if you forget to put it down.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #13

I have one. E-mail me at rsymens@comtime.com
ronsymens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna