Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Anybody Tried This Yet...

I talked with Silverleaf yesterday and got some great news for me...it appears I can configure my desktop pc onboard while driving AND USE my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WI-FI Only as the VMSpc monitor, keyboard, and mouse functions WIRELESSLY.

So I can use the VMSpc USB setup to monitor engine performance, MPG, turbo, etc.

This is next for me, I considered ScanGauge-D, but since I think I can use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WI-FI Only as the screen and wireless keyboard and wireless mouse combination (using Team Viewer App, recommended by Silverleaf), I'm going to go that route...I plan on using my main desktop PC onboard with UPS/inverter/genny to power it all.
I won't have to buy another laptop/netbook this way, and I always need the Desktop PC for my RE business when traveling.

When I changed to 32" Flat Screen TV up front, I laid out the original overhead TV storage box above the Drivers Steering wheel for all my Desktop PC items...mountings for secured placement etc. I can get entire PC, 25" FS Monitor, keyboard and mouse stored inside the TV box, while a ON/OFF toggled surge suppressor power strip in overhead center entertainment cabinet controls the PC and I also installed a PC fan to cool everything.

So I can use PC and large Flat Screen monitor for business while sitting in my Driver's seat when parked, or use TAB for Engine Monitoring via VMSpc (wirelessly)...it all comes together with the Verizon Mobile Hotspot on my Galaxy S III as the network router.

Only wiring coming from the TV Box to the steering wheel would include the monitor plug for data, since the monitor power could come from the UPS next to my drivers seat at the Drivers Side Panel.

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse would utilize USB controls outside of the TV Box.
Assuming this works, I could always have the use of my desktop as utilized through the TAB tablet...no wires needed even for the monitor functions...
I already tested the Team Viewer App function on the TAB and it works the PC remotely, so once I get the PC booted up with Team Viewer, I could initiate VMSpc on the PC and then monitor the VMSpc gauges on the TAB without any wires!

Anybody done this yet?

Once I prove this works I'll spring for the VMSpc wiring and CD disk purchase.

Stay Tuned...

Mikeflyme
2000 Monaco Exec ISM 500/Allison 4060
Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
BTW, by not having to spring for a laptop will more than pay for the VMSpc purchase...

Mikeflyme
Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote