Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #1

Anyone have a good laptop mount for the driver in a Class A?

I am interested in using my laptop for both a GPS and for one of those engine monitoring systems from Silverleaf Electronics. But I need a good place to mount my laptop so that it is easy to see from the drivers seat and not get in my way as I get in and out of the drivers seat.

Does anyone have any links or tips?

Thanks

Don
rotts4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #2

Computer mounts

Take a look at www.ram.com they make the best, there are also several companies that make generic monts as well as custom fit. I can't find my links for them but do a Google search on vehicle computer mounts, there should be tons of them.

I have a combination specific mount in my 08 F250 and it works great.
Good luck!
screamineagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I used to use a laptop GPS system with a JOTTO DESK and have switched to freestanding unit. Jotto Desk is for sale. Model # 425-5180ACD. If interested send me an email:
acker1 at earthlink. net
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
Take a look at www.ram.com they make the best, there are also several companies that make generic monts as well as custom fit. I can't find my links for them but do a Google search on vehicle computer mounts, there should be tons of them.

I have a combination specific mount in my 08 F250 and it works great.
Good luck!
Mr. Eagle probably means http://www.ram-mount.com/. I have one too. Best on the market for my F350. And I looked a lot.

Bought one from an online company with a talking head on the home page. Junky. And shipped incomplete. Company refused all attempted contacts to ship remaining parts. Finally I shipped it back and spent 9 months with my credit card company to reverse my payment. Don't buy that one.

You definitely get what you pay for. Saw a $50 one on ebay. It's flex steel tubing with a plastic sheath on it. Fergetit.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I do not have a picture..if interested PM me and I will get you one..stole the idea from an rvnet post..used in a PU and I use in a class A..you use a "direct tv round dish" mounting bracket..the part that goes to the wall is mounted on a 2X2 base, smaller or larger as needed..the part that attached to the dish is mounted to a piece of plywood, the size needed for the laptop..this platform can be moved up, down and the angle can be adjusted for better viewing and typing..works very well..I had the old bracket so did not cost me anything..
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ram does make an excellent mount, very high quality. The real beauty are the options available to solve almost any mounting problem. In a class A you might have room on the left side of the seat position. I recently bought a MSI Wind NetBook (10") and will use a Ram Mount attached to the left console.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, it depends if it's a Gasser or a DP, but on my Gasser I just grabbed some lumber and a saw and a few other tools and created a table, it sits atop the dog house
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #8

I just installed a Jenico, model CFL/TFL-2115 in my DP and it fits real well right in front of the back up moniter. Haven't tried it on the road, but it looks real stable.

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm sorry, but::::
I just put it in the DW's lap.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check this out. It's what I use.

8YEARS ON EBAY RV Laptop Mount For GPS / DVD MOVIES - eBay (item 150306920895 end time Apr-27-09 22:37:43 PDT)
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #11

Nice unit Airshow !! Thanks for the link
rotts4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotts4u View Post
Nice unit Airshow !! Thanks for the link

I also purchased the quick disconnect. The have a deal if you buy both at the same time, AND free shipping.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Winnebago has a pull out desk/tray on the passenger side of the dashboard. I place my laptop there and run a video out line from the laptop to the rear view Sony in dash monitor. I have it plugged into the "C" input. I can switch between the rear view camera on "A" and the laptop screen (GPS running) on "C". Just drove from FL to PA and had MS Streets & Trips running most of the trip.

Photos below shows the Sony rear view monitor running S&T place a test pattern to check resolution.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner

Here are some pixs of the mount. It's a great buy at $40. I am running DeLORME Street Atlas 2009 GPS software on my 15" HP. I place the antenna on the dash and connect the end of the 5” cord into a USB port. The laptop is held into place with the Velcro strap. As you can see from the pixs it also swivels for viewing front either seat. The power ports are nearby so that the laptop can run as long as you need it. Between the mount and the GPS software we are equipped for $100. We have used the GPS on two trips and it has been dead on.