RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone using Hopper 3 and Hopper Duo on same account?

I have a Dish Hopper 3 that I have been taking out of the home and using in the MH with no problems. But I'm getting lazy and want to just put a dedicated Hopper in the RV. The Duo will work just fine. But Dish says "it can't be done". I have read posts about folks that are doing it, but now can't find them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have one DISH account with a dual DVR receiver in the house and a dual DVR receiver in the MH. I have asked DISH a number of times about changing the house to a Hopper and Joeys and they say I can't have any other DVR's on the same account. Nobody at DISH can tell me why, they just say it can't be done. The only solution they offer me is to create 2 separate accounts.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the Hopper 3 in the sicks and bricks and two Wallys in my motorhome. I had Dish remove the Wally several times from my account saying they won't work with the Hooper 3. Then they would tell me that I need two accounts if I want to run the Wallys. The only way I have been able to get the back on my account is to call Dish Outdoors and explain I don't have an account with them but ask for their assistance getting my Wally restored to my account.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I have the Hopper 3 in the sicks and bricks and two Wallys in my motorhome. I had Dish remove the Wally several times from my account saying they won't work with the Hooper 3. Then they would tell me that I need two accounts if I want to run the Wallys. The only way I have been able to get the back on my account is to call Dish Outdoors and explain I don't have an account with them but ask for their assistance getting my Wally restored to my account.
Interesting! I also have a Hopper 3 in the house and two Wallies for the motor home, but they have never disconnected the Wallies in over two years. The difference may be that I move the Wallies to the house when we are home so they stay active all the time. That way I can record movies for when we are traveling.
'12 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
I'm getting lazy and want to just put a dedicated Hopper in the RV. The Duo will work just fine. But Dish says "it can't be done".
It can be done. See "HOPPER DUO" info on page 3 of this Hopper Install Instructions on the Houston Media web site.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I know that you can put a Hopper Duo, or even a Hopper 3 in an RV. I have many times.

The issue is Dish will not authorize or activate two on one account.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #7

Quote:
I know that you can put a Hopper Duo, or even a Hopper 3 in an RV. I have many times.

The issue is Dish will not authorize or activate two on one account.
You can have two Hopper 3s on one account -- since 2017.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
You can have two Hopper 3s on one account -- since 2017.
Outstanding. Can you give the contact information for anyone at Dish that will do that? After talking to 5 different customer service reps it became clear I don't seem to have the right approach.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was also told by several reps at Dish that two Hoppers are not allowed on the same account and I would need a separate account for each Hooper.

Quote:
Outstanding. Can you give the contact information for anyone at Dish that will do that? After talking to 5 differ
ent customer service reps it became clear I don't seem to have the right approach.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have 1 account with 2 Hopper 2 w/sling. However I have tried many times to get 2 Hopper 3, they will not authorize it. So, if there is a magic formula that someone knows, I too would appreciate it.

Thanks!

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Outstanding. Can you give the contact information for anyone at Dish that will do that? After talking to 5 different customer service reps it became clear I don't seem to have the right approach.
Quote:
I was also told by several reps at Dish that two Hoppers are not allowed on the same account and I would need a separate account for each Hooper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
I have 1 account with 2 Hopper 2 w/sling. However I have tried many times to get 2 Hopper 3, they will not authorize it. So, if there is a magic formula that someone knows, I too would appreciate it.
I think you're all going about it the wrong way.

Follow the responses to my post on Satelliteguys . . . I'll guess that responses (2), (3), and (5) get the most votes.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #12

What’s the worry of not using a Wally receiver? It cost me a whopping $75 and is a $7 a month charge on the existing account.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So once you have the Hooper 3 in your hands who do you recommend to call to get it activated. I called twice to Dish and once to Dish Outdoors and both refused to activate it because I already had one Hooper 3 on my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
I think you're all going about it the wrong way.

Follow the responses to my post on Satelliteguys . . . I'll guess that responses (2), (3), and (5) get the most votes.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
So once you have the Hooper 3 in your hands who do you recommend to call to get it activated. I called twice to Dish and once to Dish Outdoors and both refused to activate it because I already had one Hooper 3 on my account.
Contact a DIRT rep. Check with one of the reps first before you start buying anything.

BTW, it's a "Hopper 3", not "Hooper 3". Maybe DISH didn't know what you were talking about