Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #1

Question Assistance setting-up VIP211Z & King-Dome KD-3200

I need assistance setting up a Dishnet Network VIP211Z & a King-Dome KD3200 satellite dish. I have all the equipment hooked up and trying to figure our which antenna configuration the dish should be pointed at. My choices are as follows:

Dish HD Eastern Arc (satellites 61.5, 72) or
dish HD Eastern Arc with Locals (satellites 61.5, 72, 77) or
Dish HD Alternate with Locals (satellites 61.5, 110 119)

We live and predominate travel on the eastern seaboard.

Setting up the King-Dome is probably the step I am not completing correctly. I get a blinking green light which indicates it is finding some of the satellites. Also, I HAVE NOT activated the receiver thus far as the RV dealer said make sure the dish is pointed appropriately before activating it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as we are leaving on a long trip with the kids next week!

JST

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
I need assistance setting up a Dishnet Network VIP211Z & a King-Dome KD3200 satellite dish. I have all the equipment hooked up and trying to figure our which antenna configuration the dish should be pointed at. My choices are as follows:

Dish HD Eastern Arc (satellites 61.5, 72) or
dish HD Eastern Arc with Locals (satellites 61.5, 72, 77) or
Dish HD Alternate with Locals (satellites 61.5, 110 119)

We live and predominate travel on the eastern seaboard.

Setting up the King-Dome is probably the step I am not completing correctly. I get a blinking green light which indicates it is finding some of the satellites. Also, I HAVE NOT activated the receiver thus far as the RV dealer said make sure the dish is pointed appropriately before activating it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as we are leaving on a long trip with the kids next week!

JST
jtermini30
For my KingDome to find a working satellite BOTH the satellite receiver and the TV MUST be properly connected.... and they BOTH must ON.

BTW depending on which way my coach is facing when I begin a "satillte search" my KingDome may lock onto as many as 5 incorrect satellites before a correct satellite is found.

Mel
'96 Safari

Old 04-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #3

Thank you.

Must the receiver be activated or will it still locate the satellite? Dealer told me not to activate the receiver until I am absolutely sure the system can connect to the King Dome.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Getting your system set up is a two step process. It will require that your receiver is activated. For an initial setup, the first step is to tell your antenna which satellites you want it to find. For dish, you should probably use the normal setup of 110, 119 and 129. That's Dish SD and HD. If you live in the deep Southeast, especially Florida, you may not get adequate signal from 129 and may have to use the Dish Alternate setup of 110, 119 and 61.5. Follow the manual to set your satellite for one of those two configurations. After that, you'll need to perform a Set Switch operation which will be done with your receiver (Menu, 6, 1, 1) and will require that your Dish receiver be activated. After you configure the Switch, you'll need to reset your receiver and let it download the program guide. I'm about to post a new thread here discussing my experience with a King Dome 3000 In Motion. The short version is this - I'm not happy.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #5

Thank you for the information and guidance. After reading your thread I contacted dish again and they confirmed the prior customer service rep did not ping the dish correctly. It immediately connected and I followed the steps you suggested!