Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
AT&T-DirecTV Change of service address

I just got off of the phone with whom I consider the best CSR I have ever chatted with at ATT&T-DirecTV. Part of our chat was about changing your service address. He said that once a customer changes their service address, they can not do so again for at least 30 days under a fairly new rule instituted by the FCC.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #2

hmmm. we've been off the road for 2-weeks now but never had an issue changing our service address with DISH
Old 06-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's good to know! Thanks for the heads-up!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
A quick search about this shows posts going back to 2010 about changing locations.

Something tells me the great CSR is FOS.It certainly is not something recent.

Don't shoot the messenger, Don't have it, doesn't affect me.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Not buying it
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Something with direct makes it difficult for some to change service address . A few report no problem but I wonder how often they change it. Dish has no restrictions and you can change daily if you want. In fact they have a division dedicated to RV travel or taking your tv with you .. dish outdoors... the FCC. Rule is , in my opinion not true otherwise dish would not be able to do what they do. Whatever is a “problem” at direct is directs management rules not anything else.
I left Direct for dish because they were a pita to deal with and gave me no indication they wanted my business and that was before the buy out
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Something with direct makes it difficult for some to change service address . A few report no problem but I wonder how often they change it. Dish has no restrictions and you can change daily if you want. In fact they have a division dedicated to RV travel or taking your tv with you .. dish outdoors... the FCC. Rule is , in my opinion not true otherwise dish would not be able to do what they do. Whatever is a “problem” at direct is directs management rules not anything else.
I left Direct for dish because they were a pita to deal with and gave me no indication they wanted my business and that was before the buy out
I change my service address maybe a dozen times a year for the past three years, Direct tv

I have had good calls and poor calls with them. I have had good exchanges on live chat and some not so great.

the last time we moved cross country in the spring i changed it prolly 5 times in 2 weeks. All were phone calls. I noticed things went way better than in the past. They knew what they were doing, made sure i was getting what i wanted, one gave me a few months free sports package just cause we got to chatting and he happened to be a hockey fan also. Every one of the reps was US based.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv, service