Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Best cheap and unlimited cell provider for Quartzsite

I am so totally confused by all the different plans. I hope you more learned folk can give me some advice.

Here's what I want -- (1) to be able to watch unlimited TV and movies (HD not necessary) while boondocking on the LTVA near Quartzsite for 4-5 months this winter. (2) Wireless phone service and (3) pay less than the $118/month I now pay Verizon.

Here's the equipment I have -- Jensen 36" 12 volt TV, iPad Air, iPad Pro, Omnidirectional amplified TV antenna, iPhone 5s, Verizon Jetpack, AT&T wireless home phone device, Wilson Sleek cell booster with Yagi directional antenna mountable 4-6 feet above RV roof.

Bonus issue -- ability to record TV or download and watch later.

I don't need to carry a phone in my pocket, but prefer cellphone if costs are the same as home phone. Using my iPhone as a hot spot is tedious -- it has to be reloaded frequently. Living with a capuchin monkey means EVERYTHING has to be secured behind a locked door. She loves to disassemble electronics.

I've compared prices on data plans, but most charge extra for extra devices. Verizon has hard throttled me after 22Gb.

Isn't there a better/cheaper way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2017, 02:48 AM   #2

Never read anything with a monkey in it [emoji12][emoji1303] You can get T-Mobile One plus or the 55+ Plan, like I’ve got. Add International plan for $25 and you’ve got UNlimited talk,text AND 4G LTE for $75 month! [emoji12][emoji1303] Their limit is now 50Gigs, higher than anyone, before they “may” slow you down. It does work in the Q but may be slow during the months when we are all out there. A buddy of mine has it and used over 350Gigs one month and wasn’t slowed down [emoji12][emoji1303]
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite