Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #15

We have an HP portable all in one...it works great so far....

HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing (CZ992A) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGD8R5S..._l-SnCbY20560K
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladu2 View Post
Canon Pixma 110, very portable, so far used it on an 8 week trip without any problems. In this photo the printer is folded up in a case I bought for it next to my 15.4" laptop.

I have the same printer and love it. Small, WiFi and prints great. I’ve even printed photos on it.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
I didn’t read all of the posts so apologize if repeating.

If you want occasional use then buy a cheap ink jet wireless printer. Most are under $40 are wireless and the ink is pretty cheap (Canon pixma is an example).

If you do a lot of printing get yourself a mid range brother laser 3-400. Otherwise printing services are cheaper and easier. Simply save all your files and when ready submit online or use a flash drive at a print kiosk at staples.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #18

I recommend the HP or Cannon brands. Both are great. Both come with a WiFi wireless set up. I purchased the Cannon because it was Bluetooth too, not sure but I think HP makes one that is Bluetooth as well. One word of caution, the Bluetooth only works on Windows and not on iPad/iPhone which only works on WiFi.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
We have an HP portable all in one...it works great so far....

HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing (CZ992A) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGD8R5S..._l-SnCbY20560K
I’ve had the same one for a couple of years and it’s worth every penny.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seghitravels View Post
We are new to the full-time RV lifestyle and the item I miss the most (especially around tax time) is my printer that I left behind (too big) ... I'm starting to research Small, portable printers but am confused ... I have great WiFi (as I bring along my own mobile hotspots) but still have my PC from my home office (no Laptop) ... have an adroid cell phone so maybe I could print from there ... HELP!!
I bought a Brother MFC J680DW because it's relatively small and it fits perfectly in one of the cabinets in my bedroom by the rear TV. This means it has an outlet right next to it and it serves the whole motorhome as it's on the wifi network.

I chose that one because Brother is made in Japan, they are good, and you can buy about $1,000 worth of cartridges for it on e-bay for $39.95

One thing that almost everyone overlooks is the most important factor when buying a printer. How much are the cartridges? This is what comes back to byte you every time. Normally it's ~ $60 for a set from the store. I got 50 or so for $39.95....You can't do that with just any printer....

The cabinet door can be kept closed while it's printing. It's awesome and it cannot even go anywhere when you are driving. I would not buy a small/portable printer. I researched them prior to buying this one and none of the reviews were good and they are expensive and a compromise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190113_215952702.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	231927  
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bill View Post
X2 on the Pixma. I use a IP100 and have had it for 3 years no problem. But it is not WIFI.

x3 on this printer. Ours is supposed to be WiFi but it never connects for some reason so we bought a printer cable.

Also the TurboScan app is great.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #22

Brother HL-L2395DW Wireless Monochrome All-In-One Laser Printer

is on sale for $100 free shipping at a number of places: Staples, Amazon, B&H photo.

Decent reviews. I've had good luck with Brother printers also.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #23

Got a Canon all in one ink jet at Walmart.com for under $30. But it is not wireless.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:38 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
my print needs are quite simple. So, i buy just the $45ish all-in-one printers then when iy stops feeding paper i buy another next time i want to print.

The big bad part of inject is you need to print a page to prevent the heads and/or cartridges from clogging up.

I really should find a $200 color laser. Okidata make a nice color laser.

oh, i buy ink from a really nice lady at https://www.peachtreeink.com

Very good prices and inks are maybe better than the branded cartridges and 1/3 the price.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancybninja View Post
x3 on this printer. Ours is supposed to be WiFi but it never connects for some reason so we bought a printer cable.

Also the TurboScan app is great.
My wireless didn't work either. I figured "operator malfunction" and bought the cord. Added 1/3 to the cost.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
X2 on the HP 3755. I just purchased one to carry in the MH. It prints, scans/copies and is small. I use it wirelessly with my phone as the wireless router. I just printed some nice glossy photos of our newest grand daughter and it did a very nice job. It's still listed at $49.99 on the HP web site: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-de...-j9v90a-b1h--1
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #27

I decided to 'fess up to USAA and told them I was full timing in a TT. They would have been okay with it but I decided to get a Progressive full timers policy. Turns out when Progressive sells you a car policy they accept electronic signature. Not so with a TT policy. I looked at a lot of recommended printers in this post and realize I need scan capabilities- most recently, for example, scanning my signature on the policy for Progressive. I have also scanned my drivers license for library card membership.

I could live without color printing but I do not think I could live without scan capabilities.

This is a great post with great replies, which is why i love IRV2.
Billybobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #28
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobtx View Post
I decided to 'fess up to USAA and told them I was full timing in a TT. They would have been okay with it but I decided to get a Progressive full timers policy. Turns out when Progressive sells you a car policy they accept electronic signature. Not so with a TT policy. I looked at a lot of recommended printers in this post and realize I need scan capabilities- most recently, for example, scanning my signature on the policy for Progressive. I have also scanned my drivers license for library card membership.

I could live without color printing but I do not think I could live without scan capabilities.

This is a great post with great replies, which is why i love IRV2.

I have this app on my iPad....works great. I don’t have to print, sign, scan anymore ! You can just “sign” the form and email it back....looks like you signed it with a ball point pen [emoji2]

Name:	IMG_8374.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	251008

Name:	IMG_8375.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	251009
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote