RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpat39 View Post
In previous posts I have mentioned using iPad Air that has Bluetooth BLE 4.0. iPad is not connecting to BF and I believe it is due to early version of BT supplied in this model of iPad. My iPhone X works beautifully with BF, but is too small a display for my purposes. Prefer at this time not to spend money on new iPad.

What Android tablets are you using. Principally interested in keeping cost to lower price spectrum. If I have to buy a several hundred dollar Android I'll go ahead and purchase new iPad.
I am afraid that is what you will have to do. The lowest android that I have tested and seen working is a samsung galaxy tab A. This is a fairly expensive tablet compared others.

When it comes to radios, be it Cellular, wifi, gps, or bluetooth, the low end devices just don't work well.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #72

Quote:
In previous posts I have mentioned using iPad Air that has Bluetooth BLE 4.0. iPad is not connecting to BF and I believe it is due to early version of BT supplied in this model of iPad. My iPhone X works beautifully with BF, but is too small a display for my purposes. Prefer at this time not to spend money on new iPad.

What Android tablets are you using. Principally interested in keeping cost to lower price spectrum. If I have to buy a several hundred dollar Android I'll go ahead and purchase new iPad.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy 9.7" Tab A running android version 7.1.1 Not having used the Bluefire & tablet on the road yet all I can comment on is that the tablet connects to the bluefire without incident and displays what it can with key on but not started.

I bought the Tab A from a facebook marketplace seller for less than $100. It has a stylus that is helpful while setting up the display layout.

Ragtop69GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:25 AM   #73

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just uploaded a dash layout to BG 1-Text Gauges Ver K
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #74

Alpine Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I just uploaded a dash layout to BG 1-Text Gauges Ver K

Tried loading your dash into my Android - just got a jumbled mess of gauges on top of each other with a white background. What did I do wrong? Thanks
Apex - 40 FDQS #75547
bobkatgifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:22 PM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
Tried loading your dash into my Android - just got a jumbled mess of gauges on top of each other with a white background. What did I do wrong? Thanks
I'm not an Android user but it might be one of two things.
This layout was done on an iPad. There are times when I try to load one onto my Win 10 PC things will be somewhat out of place, but not scrambled.

What version of the app are you using? The layout I posted was done in Ver 3.3.

The custom colors don't transfer. If you like the colors I used then refer to the custom color chart that I included and set the ones I posted under the Changes column.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #76

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bob
I just saved it to the rv folder on Dropbox via the icon and from bluefire demo sw I browsed to it, selected it and imported it. Pressed show dash and it was there. I ordered the software from Amazon. Will have it Friday and install on Saturday. Will let everyone know. I have an iPad air2, I think. It is a few years old, but works well. Now even better!
Joepacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepacifica View Post
Bob
I just saved it to the rv folder on Dropbox via the icon and from bluefire demo sw I browsed to it, selected it and imported it. Pressed show dash and it was there. I ordered the software from Amazon. Will have it Friday and install on Saturday. Will let everyone know. I have an iPad air2, I think. It is a few years old, but works well. Now even better!
Glad to hear it loaded okay for you. Hopefully all will work well when you get your HARDWARE from Amazon.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:51 PM   #78

Dash on iPad Air on 2000 Diplomat

Our 2000 year coach has the J1708 (6 pin) connector. Recently installed the BlueFire adapter and have been working with various dash layouts. As I mentioned in an earlier post I place the iPad over the tach and speedometer and use while driving. So my preference is for a simple and quick read dash. Currently using the color Gainsborough for Page background color. Since I do not drive at night have not turned on the night version.
Previously used the Silverleaf VMSpc on an HP tablet/laptop using Windows 10. So most of dash concepts for BlueFire came from several years experience with the VMSpc. Very happy to have the iPad and iOS as operating system. And the iPad BlueTooth connection is one less cable. Also looks like the longer battery life of iPad will allow trip of 5-6 hours without power hookup.
Looking forward to trip to LV in early April for first trip test of any consequence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	238422  
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice layout, Pat.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #80

Quote:
Our 2000 year coach has the J1708 (6 pin) connector. Recently installed the BlueFire adapter and have been working with various dash layouts. As I mentioned in an earlier post I place the iPad over the tach and speedometer and use while driving. So my preference is for a simple and quick read dash. Currently using the color Gainsborough for Page background color. Since I do not drive at night have not turned on the night version.
Previously used the Silverleaf VMSpc on an HP tablet/laptop using Windows 10. So most of dash concepts for BlueFire came from several years experience with the VMSpc. Very happy to have the iPad and iOS as operating system. And the iPad BlueTooth connection is one less cable. Also looks like the longer battery life of iPad will allow trip of 5-6 hours without power hookup.
Looking forward to trip to LV in early April for first trip test of any consequence.
Nice. I see you also have the letter after the current gear like I have. I use the J1708 data.

Out of idle curiosity (get it?), how did you get an engine speed of 41 rpm?

Tags
dash, dashboard, fire