Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carryout w/ Dish ViP 722k Receiver

Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find it. I have a Winegard Carryout mounted with a ladder rack mount to my MH, was thinking about changing to Dish Network with the ViP 722k receiver. How is the rear TV wired and will I be able to watch a different channel on each TV. We currently have Direct TV and so far have just taken a SD box from the S&B when we are traveling, it's been time to upgrade the receivers for quite some time and I need to still have one receiver operational at the S&B when we are traveling. Thinking about getting two of the ViP 722k receivers when we sign up for service. Thanks in advance. I should clarify DuoDVRŽ ViP 722k receiver.

mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Well Mike, two 211K's would work since the carryout has two outputs. I have a 722 at home and have tried all sorts of set-ups with the Carryout. Basically is won't work, for that matter it won't work with any "Domed" sat. dish.

I used to set-up a portable 3LNB dish, however I got tired of the hassle. We now use a 211K with an external HD, which gives us the ability to have features of the 722, with the exception of viewing one channel and recording another.

If you go with two 211 receivers, you need to keep in mind both receivers must be viewing the channels on the same satellite, not a big deal since most of Dish's HD channels are on the 129 satellite. The main output, controls which satellite is utilized.

Good luck on your choice.

Fred

Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Winegard states this:

Me = What Dish Network receivers are compatable with the Carryout?

Winegard = Virtually any receiver except for the Hopper and Joey.

Me = Thanks you for your help. Would the carryout with the ViP 722k work for controlling 2 TVS, being able to watch differentchannels on each TV?

Winegard = Absolutely.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #4

Which Winegard Carryout are we talking about?
Us out West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Us out West View Post
Which Winegard Carryout are we talking about?
Sorry, it's the GM-1518
Old 04-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllk3rd View Post
Winegard states this:

Me = What Dish Network receivers are compatable with the Carryout?

Winegard = Virtually any receiver except for the Hopper and Joey.

Me = Thanks you for your help. Would the carryout with the ViP 722k work for controlling 2 TVS, being able to watch differentchannels on each TV?

Winegard = Absolutely.
The Winegard statements as printed are true, however not the whole story. Keep in mind the words "Virtually", and "channels"....

"Virtually" - While you may be able to get the advanced Dish receivers to work with a dome antenna at times, it is NOT guaranteed and NOT supported by Dish. A Dish722 at firmware level X may work, and then when they (Dish) update the 722 to firmware Y, it may no longer work with a dome antenna. Supposedly, Dish is only going to keep the "Mobile Protocol" receivers compatible with dome antennas. The 211 receivers are in that group, and some say the 411 is also in that group, but I don't know that for sure. Suffice it to say that using Dish receivers other than the "Mobile" ones may or may not work, but could very well be frustrating.

"Channels" - Don't forget that each satellite has many channels. So, they are correct that you can watch different channels on each receiver, but you won't see any channels that are on OTHER satellites.

Almost anything we do related to RVs involves a compromise somewhere, and satellite TV in the RV environment is full of compromises.

Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish