Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I just read a recent post by Rick 2005, where he'd mentioned that he " ... just bought an adapter for my cell phone so that I can plug a fax in once in a while...". I've often wondered if such a device exists. We work while full-timing and it sure is a pain to orchestrate an incoming/outgoing fax with the nearest Kinko's/etc. This would be a terrific idea to have with us.

Two questions:

1) What is it?
And
2) Where can I get one?

(actually they probably answer one another, but you get my meaning)

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I just read a recent post by Rick 2005, where he'd mentioned that he " ... just bought an adapter for my cell phone so that I can plug a fax in once in a while...". I've often wondered if such a device exists. We work while full-timing and it sure is a pain to orchestrate an incoming/outgoing fax with the nearest Kinko's/etc. This would be a terrific idea to have with us.

Two questions:

1) What is it?
And
2) Where can I get one?

(actually they probably answer one another, but you get my meaning)

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a link. There are others but this one is supposed to be the best.
I didn't buy one yet. Been to busy spending money on a new matress, new shocks and Directv installation stuff. This is on my list though.
Cell phone docking system
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
While having a cellphone fax is great in a pinch, I would like to offer an entirely different solution.

eFax, which I have used for years, is easy, you can send and receive and it follows you all over the globe. I guess this sounds like a commercial but, I get nothing for this. It is just so easy.

Here is how it works. You sign up on eFax.com. They give you a number after you decide which area code you want it to be. You give that number to anyone who needs to fax to you. They fax to you anytime. eFax forwards the fax in a small size data file that is sent to your email. That file is readable by Adobe Acrobat. If you need to have a hard copy you print it off. You can forward it on to others, save it, delete it, etc.I believe this service is still free.

24 hrs a day 7 days a week.

If you need to send a fax, you simply go to eFax.com and attach the document you want to send. If all you have is a hard copy, just scan it in w/your printer and attach that file to the eFax.com send screen. The send feature includes unlimited send & receive faxes. There is a charge for this "plus" service but, not much.

Have never had a problem ever. Again, I am in no way attached to eFax. I am surprised at how many people don't know about it and are pretty technically competent.

In summary, My fax number is 716-608-1440. If you call it, it will sound like a fax machine. If you fax to it, I will receive whatever you send in my email w/in 1 minute. It will be a pdf file. If needed, I could print it, sign it, scan it, and fax it back, or email it as an attachment. I could also delete it or save it to my hard drive.

I just showed my mother and father this. They were visiting and received an offer on a condo they were selling. They gave the number to real estate agent, I received it, printed it, they reviewed and signed it, I scanned it and faxed it back via eFax.com.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Well now, ain't that just the coolest website ever, Rick. Many thanks for pointing me to my latest fun 'candy-store' shopping experience. Darn good thing I didn't know about them right around Christmas or I'da NEVER got done buying stuff for mysel... I mean 'my wife' ! (then again, Valentine's Day is coming )
I really like the versatility of the docking-station you mentioned. I've often wished there was a way to make the cellphone act like a permanent-type of phone installation, complete with more-comfortable handsets. Bummer though that the docking-station isn't shown as working with LG. My contract is almost up, so it's serious option when I get new phones soon. Again, thanks!

Steve - Cool site. I love the versatility of not needing to be online when a fax comes in. Efax can save it til I'm back in a usable phone-zone (why do we always seem to lose service when we NEED to make a call/fax? Is it a law of physics somewhere?). I was looking at the incoming-free version, but do like the ability to send a fax, so that's probably what I'll go with here in a few minutes.

Thanks guys! One more awesome reason to love IRV2.COM!

Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 AM   #6

I have used the e-fax service for many years and it is just great. It is free for up to 20 incoming faxes per month. If you exceed this limit even once you will be required to pay for the service from that point on or the number will be disconnected. You also cannot choose your area code but are assigned one of their choice. I exceeded my limit when someone sent me a stack of unrequested papers and I lost my number. I signed up for a new account with a new e-mail address and I was back in business but with a new area code and number. Oh, well, now I keep 2 active numbers in case I need a few extra faxes in an one month.
If you want to be able to send a fax you do have to sign up for a paid account. This will also allow you pick an area code. We have always been able to find a nearby fax machine should we need to send a rare fax so we have not used this service.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote