Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Consumer Cellular Service

Anyone using Consumer Cellular for their wireless phone service? If so, do you like it or not? Being full time, I am wondering how the coverage nationwide is? I've heard they use the AT&T Wireless backbone. I also plan on using 2 flip phones (I have a smartphone and as I use it I just cannot justify the cost of it)

Please Consumer Cellular actual experience only.

I currently have Verizon Wireless. While I plan on keeping Verizon Wireless for my data service (which I consider the best out of any) their voice service is much too costly (2 phone; one smartphone and one flip phone). But maybe when I call them to let them know I'm switching they will work a deal with me.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #2

Consume cellular

We have been using Consumer Cellular for a few years. They do use ATT towers. We spend the summers in the White Mountains of Arizona where you can not get ATT service. We do have cell phone service though, I think Consumer Cellular uses Verizon towers up here. We are on roaming here, but are not charged any extra. Consumer Cellular is very easy to deal with. No contract and great prices. We share 600 minutes - with taxes the cost is $36.00 a month. If you have ATT phones they will send you new SIM cards at no cost.
Woody2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have consumer cellular up here in Ct with AT&T and the coverage throughout New England has been great. The cost of the service is reasonable.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #4

Yeah! What they said!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #5

We also use CC and the coverage on AT&T is very good. With AARP discount we have 2 lines at a monthly cost of $56. We have 600 min talk, 5000 messages, and 1024 MB data. Can change up or down at any time by quick phone call on on your smart phone. Next usage increment up is $10/mo.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very happy with it. With all the taxes we spend $42 a month, 2 smart phones sharing 600 minutes, 1000 texts, 100mb data. As said above we can add or deduct service any time for a few bucks during heavy or light service periods. Never been without service in 3 years. No minutes used for our phone to phone usage.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #7

Go For It. We have Consumer for several years.
1. They have been the highest rated for service for four or five years in a row.
2. Yes, they are using the AT&T network. We have had no problems with coverage.
3. They are the best price available and no contract.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #8

We have CC plan as well. Have traveled FL,AL,TN,KY,MO,IA,KS,SD,WI,MI,IN,TX,MA, LA,NM,UT and have been impressed with coverage. Not 100% but certainly over 90%. Have noticed AT&T and roaming service. We would choose them again.

Cheers
BubbaHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like a change is in the future for me. DW's phone contract is up in November so that is when we will switch.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service