Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #1

CoPilot App?

Since I updated this app I cannot find the instructions for the turn by turn directions.

Can someone help me please??? I have the CoPilot PremiumUSA (Red)version.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Since I updated this app I cannot find the instructions for the turn by turn directions.

Can someone help me please??? I have the CoPilot PremiumUSA (Red)version.
Are you talking about entering a destination? When you open the app tap on the magnifying glass in the upper left part of the screen. Enter your first destination. If it shows more than one route, select the rout you want. Click on the green symbol in the lower right.
Let me know if that helped.
You could go heare and see if they can answer your questions.
https://support.copilotgps.com/en/su...ns/19000098187
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Are you talking about entering a destination? When you open the app tap on the magnifying glass in the upper left part of the screen. Enter your first destination. If it shows more than one route, select the rout you want. Click on the green symbol in the lower right.
Let me know if that helped.
You could go heare and see if they can answer your questions.
https://support.copilotgps.com/en/su...ns/19000098187
Bill
No, I can plan a route with no issues. Before I was able to bring up my directions after the trip was planned to double check the route instead of just looking at the map.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:00 AM   #4

The reason I was wanting to read the actual directions is my CoPilot is disagreeing with my next route with my other two routing apps I use. Good Sam and RVTripWizard says to take this one particular road, but CoPilot will not take that road.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:13 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
If you have the route displayed as a map hit GO then click the button that has 6 dots on it and it gives you options. Choose "directions" and turn by turn is displayed. Click the 6 dot button again and you can go back to maps or there are other choices.
TripleGGG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #6

Quote:
The reason I was wanting to read the actual directions is my CoPilot is disagreeing with my next route with my other two routing apps I use. Good Sam and RVTripWizard says to take this one particular road, but CoPilot will not take that road.
I'd lean towards trusting CoPilot since RVTripWizard doesn't take RV restrictions into account in their routes.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan View Post
I'd lean towards trusting CoPilot since RVTripWizard doesn't take RV restrictions into account in their routes.
I ended up trusting CoPilot as I have in the past and it just about got us killed. To begin with it had me taking a 45 degree turn that I am sure the people behind me was cussing me out. Then it put me on a narrow county road with no shoulder plus a drop off with a ditch. Some how I got off the road and when I adjusted to get back on the road it slung us toward the other side. I was able to slow it down and straighten back up. We both thought it was going to flip over, but luckily it did not. I then checked the camera for the car and it was still there following along.

I lost all trust in CoPilot right then.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #8

I'm very sorry to hear that but also I'm not surprised. I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert in this area and I know it won't make you feel any better but given the choices that you had, I would have trusted copilot as well. I don't trust copilot anymore either and will not use it.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I ended up trusting CoPilot as I have in the past and it just about got us killed. To begin with it had me taking a 45 degree turn that I am sure the people behind me was cussing me out. Then it put me on a narrow county road with no shoulder plus a drop off with a ditch. Some how I got off the road and when I adjusted to get back on the road it slung us toward the other side. I was able to slow it down and straighten back up. We both thought it was going to flip over, but luckily it did not. I then checked the camera for the car and it was still there following along.

I lost all trust in CoPilot right then.
Driving to fast for conditions is not CoPilot"s fault. Nor is driving in a unsafe manner. I don't know why you "needed" to make a suden 45 degree turn when you can set your turn alerts for 2 miles before 1 mile before 1/4 mile before and turn now.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:48 AM   #10

I just bought the $59 RV version of this app in lieu of a proper, dedicated RV GPS. Hope I didn't throw that money away. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I have a long drive coming up.
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Driving to fast for conditions is not CoPilot"s fault. Nor is driving in a unsafe manner. I don't know why you "needed" to make a suden 45 degree turn when you can set your turn alerts for 2 miles before 1 mile before 1/4 mile before and turn now.
Bill
Because the turn was like that. I had the CoPilot set just the way you stated. It took me right past a 90 degree turn that would have put me on the same road to take the 45 degree turn.

Without knowing me or how I drive you cannot label me as an unsafe driver. I was driving well be low the speed limit and riding the line. This road had rolls in it and there were several roads that was better than this one for CoPilot to take me on.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySpanish View Post
I just bought the $59 RV version of this app in lieu of a proper, dedicated RV GPS. Hope I didn't throw that money away. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I have a long drive coming up.
If you don't mind do me a favor and check to see what route the CoPilot RV GPS takes you with the following addresses.

2132 Scenic Hwy 98 E
Carrabelle, FL 32322

to

Blountstown, Fl.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:33 AM   #13

Quote:
If you don't mind do me a favor and check to see what route the CoPilot RV GPS takes you with the following addresses.

2132 Scenic Hwy 98 E
Carrabelle, FL 32322

to

Blountstown, Fl.
I am still learning the app so the destination and starting point are reversed - but here is the calculated route:

- Go EAST on 20 - East Central Avenue
- Turn right on 12 South
- Stay on 12 south as it turns left
- Stay on 12 south as it bears right
- Turn left on 98 east
- Continue to destination for 16.5 miles

Total time: 1:24hr
Total distance: 76.8mi

Hope I did that right.
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySpanish View Post
I am still learning the app so the destination and starting point are reversed - but here is the calculated route:

- Go EAST on 20 - East Central Avenue
- Turn right on 12 South
- Stay on 12 south as it turns left
- Stay on 12 south as it bears right
- Turn left on 98 east
- Continue to destination for 16.5 miles

Total time: 1:24hr
Total distance: 76.8mi

Hope I did that right.
Thanks, that is an entirely different route than my CoPilot PremiumUSA had me to take.

Now that I know it is different I will try out the CoPilot RV version.