Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 AM   #29

I think Garmin dash cam is good variant. It stays on whenever the coach is being used or serviced..

JohnFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #30

Windshield mount legal?

I'm curious if any of you have been challenged by law enforcement for having your dash cam on the windshield? I understand that in some states it is illegal even if it really doesn't obstruct your vision.

Thanks

sbahrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm curious if any of you have been challenged by law enforcement for having your dash cam on the windshield? I understand that in some states it is illegal even if it really doesn't obstruct your vision.
Nope; never a problem.

On my cars its tucked up in front of the rear view mirror, In fact you can't even see the camera because of the mirror.

In my Southwind, Its mounted on the forward surface of the TV cabinet. The driver can't see it because the TV cabinet is in the way.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #32

Wish I had one last spring...18 wheeler took off my driver side mirror in a construction lane shift.
Real cooperative on site...said just get an estimate and I'll turn it in to get fixed... wouldn't respond to emails or phone and when I went thru the trucking company he said I hit him!!!
Insurance companies agreed to disagree and I got stuck w deductible & a claim on insurance.
Considering options for a cam.
Are any / all of these wide angle to view near front end? Driver and passenger side?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Nope; never a problem.

On my cars its tucked up in front of the rear view mirror, In fact you can't even see the camera because of the mirror.

In my Southwind, Its mounted on the forward surface of the TV cabinet. The driver can't see it because the TV cabinet is in the way.
yea I agree. i've never run into that problem either...most are tucked behind.
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
i am looking in to getting dash cam this year i would like to see what you all think is the best to buy

cronauerdj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, motorhome