RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 12:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Direct TV

I just received the following information from the DIRECTV technical department. All RV years now using DIRECTV can no longer move your service address for local channels. If you cannot receive local channels from your onboard TV antenna then you are up a creek with Direct TV .

Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #2

I don't know about being up a creek for the last 5 years I never have used Directv for local channels, I have always used OTA for that.

gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #3

I guess people can always pay and use dish, Directv is free to me. I guess it depends on a person and how much tv you like to watch
Old 03-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I don't know about being up a creek for the last 5 years I never have used Directv for local channels, I have always used OTA for that.
When you’re in an area that you cannot pick up over the air channels with your antenna then what do you do
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
I just received the following information from the DIRECTV technical department. All RV years now using DIRECTV can no longer move your service address for local channels. If you cannot receive local channels from your onboard TV antenna then you are up a creek with Direct TV .

Please post the full contents of the letter as we will be wanting to change locals in a few weeks and havent received the letter.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #6

It is fact, spent 30 minutes on the phone

No moving the address
You have to have a second billing location or get the east/west coast networks
Old 03-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
When you’re in an area that you cannot pick up over the air channels with your antenna then what do you do
Without locals.....still has access to satellite...
Old 03-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #8

Quote:
I use my internet, I can watch any news I want, never had that problem yet, but I also don't camp in the middle of nowhere to get away from it all. Ah wait why would I want TV then
Old 03-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #9

When I was looking into getting satellite for my rv, i was looking at getting DirecTV . But then AT&T acquired DirecTV. That killed it for me. I used to have ATT phone service and it was absolutely horrible. No more AT&T ANYTHING for me ever.
Carlos Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I use my internet, I can watch any news I want, never had that problem yet, but I also don't camp in the middle of nowhere to get away from it all. Ah wait why would I want TV then
How did ANY of your three posts, help, add information, or provide workable options to the OP, who WANTS to use his DirecTV?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
How did ANY of your three posts, help, add information, or provide workable options to the OP, who WANTS to use his DirecTV?
Of course you are kidding, first use OTA it's free, second if you can't get over the air use the internet, how did your post help?
Old 03-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
He's talking about DirecTv. Internet is useless in remote areas....the reason why the OP and I have satellite dishes. We also have DirecTV to get a variety of TV shows, not PBS on the OTA antenna. You claim you're getting DirecTV for free, which typically means you're using a box belonging to someone else who is paying the bill....a crime! How smart is that to announce on a National Forum!

I read all the threads in this post and have nothing I can add to solve the OP's issue, as my DirecTV home area is Southern California. We don't have the issue the OP does because we don't need to change addresses when we travel. For that reason, I didn't make a useless post that provided no new information to the OP!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #13

You, sir, are getting a little out of order..Take your bad day break...
Old 03-29-2019, 04:40 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I pay the $15 for dns which the DW likes so she never has to change the dvr programming. Before I got dns I used a campground address outside of New York City. The NY feeds can be received around the country.

Boilervol is online now   Reply With Quote