Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
DirecTV Satellite is not going away despite the sensational headlines and all the postings on the RV forums. The articles say they plan on streaming to become their primary focus for delivery of their broadcasting packages, NOT THE ONLY delivery. There are thousands of square miles in this country where that system does not and will not work. In addition, the changes in technology have to be in place and fully functional for this to work. The satellites will still be in orbit and sending data packets to our receivers for many years to come. So don't toss your dishes and receivers just yet. Chuck

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #16

So if they switch to streaming service only what happens when you are in a location with no service? The dish points to the sky and I get a signal no matter where I am. (As long as I have satellite view) I have Dish Net so I really don't care. I have ATT cell and I can't even use it inside my house. I have to stand out by the pool to get enough signal to talk.

1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38 Ft. 5.9 Cummins ISB 275 HP
Old 09-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPearson View Post
I have ATT cell and I can't even use it inside my house. I have to stand out by the pool to get enough signal to talk.
You make this sound like a bad thing. Standing by the pool can't be that bad.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPearson View Post
So if they switch to streaming service only what happens when you are in a location with no service? The dish points to the sky and I get a signal no matter where I am. (As long as I have satellite view) I have Dish Net so I really don't care. I have ATT cell and I can't even use it inside my house. I have to stand out by the pool to get enough signal to talk.

Be happy! At least you don't have to climb a tree like I did when I had AT&T!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote