RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #1

Direct TV questions

I知 looking for someone who has actual experience that can confirm what I知 being told by DTV.

We travel approximately six months out of the year and have a stick build winter home in AZ. Our current DTV account is set up with two receivers in the stick build where we get local AZ network channels.

In the past we like many others take receivers with us in the RV from stick build and got DNS New York networks when traveling. I lost NY network channels when I asked for the AZ network channels last fall for the stick build. One DTV account currently.

We are ready to hit the road. Sounds like I need to set up separate RV account and have receivers transferred to that account. Then put stick build account on vacation. DTV says no fees when on vacation mode but maybe to reactivate. Can some confirm actual based on personal experience.

Also do the receivers transfer between Rv and stick build or do I need separate receivers for each. Thank you for you answers. Wish I could just talk to dept that handles RV accounts but no luck. Is there a direct #.

enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #2

I do not have a stick house. You will wind up with the account (receiver) being a mobile account, thats the account in your RV. See my post at the the top of this forum.It took me 7 months to get what I already had been approved for.

2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #3

Direct is not really RV friendly, so your going to runnig into hassles trying to switch locations. IMHO instead of telling Direct anything you might be better off getting locals OTA and use Direct for everything else. If thats not a good option take the receiver and when your parked for a few days, call them and have location changed. This is going to be a big hassle. Like I said Direct customer service sucks a bit one since the idiots at ATT took over. As another option go bug a Dish pay as you go package and leave Direct at home.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyrv View Post
I知 looking for someone who has actual experience that can confirm what I知 being told by DTV.

We travel approximately six months out of the year and have a stick build winter home in AZ. Our current DTV account is set up with two receivers in the stick build where we get local AZ network channels.

In the past we like many others take receivers with us in the RV from stick build and got DNS New York networks when traveling. I lost NY network channels when I asked for the AZ network channels last fall for the stick build. One DTV account currently.

We are ready to hit the road. Sounds like I need to set up separate RV account and have receivers transferred to that account. Then put stick build account on vacation. DTV says no fees when on vacation mode but maybe to reactivate. Can some confirm actual based on personal experience.

Also do the receivers transfer between Rv and stick build or do I need separate receivers for each. Thank you for you answers. Wish I could just talk to dept that handles RV accounts but no luck. Is there a direct #.
We called DTV and told them we were moving, they sent a tech out to move everything for us. When he got here I told him we were moving into the RV, he had done it before and it took him about an hour to set up everything, with a Genie for each TV. Everything works fine.

When we move to a different area, I go onto their website, use "Chat" to change service location to whatever campground we are at, hasn't been a problem, it usually is changed within five minutes.

When we return to S&B, just use "Chat" again, and suspend the service for six months. No charge on either end, front or back.

I have never told them it's in an RV, other than the tech who came out for the install.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tor2 View Post
We called DTV and told them we were moving, they sent a tech out to move everything for us. When he got here I told him we were moving into the RV, he had done it before and it took him about an hour to set up everything, with a Genie for each TV. Everything works fine.

When we move to a different area, I go onto their website, use "Chat" to change service location to whatever campground we are at, hasn't been a problem, it usually is changed within five minutes.

When we return to S&B, just use "Chat" again, and suspend the service for six months. No charge on either end, front or back.

I have never told them it's in an RV, other than the tech who came out for the install.
This sounds like DISH and Not Direct Tv. 2 very different animals and support. Posted have the East or West coast feed. Moved into a S&B. Got Az locals. Direct Tv does not like you going back to the East/West Coast feed.

Now you can try contacting Rv Connections (480-288-1111), talk to them. maybe they can do it remotely ($$$), but in the end you may have to open a new account.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:41 AM   #6

just got home from 5 months on the road from Michigan to AZ,UT,MO,using Directv took my receivers from the house I have a second dish that I carry in the 5th wheel. in AZ I couldn't get the dish aligned called Directv tech came out next day found it was bent, replaced, aligned called in for locals no problem the tech was great.
2 months later in UT had everything set up working good then big wind storm came through blew the dish over called DirectV, tech came out replace the dish aligned everything. again excellent support. As av8tor2 said all I ever did was contact Directv gave them new address and boom had locals.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #7

I'm pretty sure I know to whom I pay the bill. I've never been a Dish customer, had Direct for quite some time.

I've called them to change locations several times, usually a painful experience and unsuccessful.

Using the chat on the website, is always successful and without mental anguish. No idea why the live contact people are clueless, and the online ones not, but whatever works.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote