Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #15

I just upgraded the Dish Network receiver in my RV to a dual DVR Model 625. I have been using a VuQube 1000 antenna. I now realize that I need a dual LNB antenna & the only one that appeals to me is the VuQube 2000. However, there is a obsure suggestion that the VuQube 2000 is not recommended for use with a dual receiver. Anyone out there had any experience with this issue? Awaiting your reply....
Treeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #16

JimM68:
With Dish Network, when you travel outside your home area and want to receive "local" TV programming wherever you are, just call Dish & ask them to change your SERVICE ADDRESS & give them the address of the RV park, etc. where you are located. When you move on to another location, you call them again & give them the new address. We have done this many times without any problems & are always able to receive the local TV stations wherever we are.
Treeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeban View Post
JimM68:
With Dish Network, when you travel outside your home area and want to receive "local" TV programming wherever you are, just call Dish & ask them to change your SERVICE ADDRESS & give them the address of the RV park, etc. where you are located. When you move on to another location, you call them again & give them the new address. We have done this many times without any problems & are always able to receive the local TV stations wherever we are.
Have gone through this process several times with DirecTV in the past but apparently either the rules have changed or they have finally started following the letter of the law. According to DirecTV and the FCC if your account is classified as a "Mobile" account your local programming will be based upon where your RV is registered and the Service Address cannot be changed. (I was actually told by the FCC that this has always been the intent of the regulations and changes to the Service Address should never have been allowed.) If you are registered in the Eastern or Central area you will receive East Coast feeds out of NY (DirecTV). For those folks in the Mountain or Pacific areas you will receive West Coast feeds out of LA (DirecTV).

I always thought the whole point of all the regulations was to make sure that people watched the local stations where available rather than NY or LA. Now when those of us who are RVer's want to be able to receive local broadcasts we are denied access. Leave it to the government to once again screw things up.
jmiller513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What a cash cow! (for the providers of services)

Some of the links in the OP do not work.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #19

For this past summer, when out of the DFW broadcast area and in one spot long enough to be interested in the main channels, I call and request the 'service address' change--I always need a real street address, but sometimes they will accept only the zip code. This worked great while on the road, but when we got home, we had no main channels there. Had to call and re-establish 'service address' same as residence address. THEN, my wife discovered that all her pre-programmed DVR recordings are cut off when the service address changes. So, from now on, she says she'd rather have her taped programs than main channels while on the road.
Can't win....
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
On the Mobile DNS form it asks: "for the term from _______ until _______."

What do you put down for the "until"? And if you put a particular date, say 12/31/2025 what happens at that time? Will DirecTV cancel your subscription and then you have to re-submit another form?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #21

DirecTV DNS

Bob, Just signed up for the DirecTV DNS on Oct 26th, 2011, for expiration date I entered "Until Cancelled". Either they don't care or it was acceptable because a few days later we had the NY Feeds.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #22

Just FYI, the dates that they are requesting are the dates listed on your vehicle registration and not any current or random future date. It appears that no one really pays any attention to the dates you enter but those are the dates they are requesting.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
By the way, are the Distant Network Stations you get HD or are they SD?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #24

95% of the time I get locals and network feeds wherever I am with my antenna...Easy enough to switch from sat to tv with my tv remote.... and it's free..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
By the way, are the Distant Network Stations you get HD or are they SD?
You can get the DNS channels in HD.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave 430
Just purchased a CC this month and have not been able to enjoy this new pleasure. The coach has a Direct system in it for the 2 TV's. Of course I have Dish in the stick house. As I read this forum the first one gives you links to Direct and Dish. What I see when I click on Dish link, I get linked to "Mydistantnetworks.com". But the web site says the following: mydistantnetworks.com expired on 11/20/2009 and is pending renewal or deletion.
So, my feelings is that this portion of the original post, should be deleted. I have contact Dish Network, but the person on the phone or chat only want to sell or add new equipment to my account. they seem to be unwilling to help or answer questions related to adding my coach on a part time service.
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 430 View Post
Just purchased a CC this month and have not been able to enjoy this new pleasure. The coach has a Direct system in it for the 2 TV's. Of course I have Dish in the stick house. As I read this forum the first one gives you links to Direct and Dish. What I see when I click on Dish link, I get linked to "Mydistantnetworks.com". But the web site says the following: mydistantnetworks.com expired on 11/20/2009 and is pending renewal or deletion.
So, my feelings is that this portion of the original post, should be deleted. I have contact Dish Network, but the person on the phone or chat only want to sell or add new equipment to my account. they seem to be unwilling to help or answer questions related to adding my coach on a part time service.
What is a CC?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #28

CC probably Country Coach
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote