Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #71

That's what I have heard but the info was old and I know that you can get sunday ticket streaming over the internet so I was hoping that they now have a way to get through the DNS. Just hoping!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDMcK View Post
That's what I have heard but the info was old and I know that you can get sunday ticket streaming over the internet so I was hoping that they now have a way to get through the DNS. Just hoping!
It makes sense that you could get it via internet and could probably connect your laptop to the TV but I never had any luck getting my HD DVR to talk with the internet via the wireless cellular network in my coach. Just not fast enough I guess.

Still not sure I see any connection to DNS though. DNS just allows access to network channels they broadcast nation wide which are blacked out for non DNS subscribers.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #73

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
DTV NFL Package

We have NFL Package - in our home and in our RV. No problems except when games are blacked out because don't get 3 major networks via satellite in RV. Sometimes can pick up on Antenna. Otherwise out of luck.
denNdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #74

We have SD DTV service (for 13 yrs).

I will order an individual game on Sunday Ticket whenever my team is blacked out where I happen to be parked at the time.

I have no phone line attached and its never been a question. Always got what I wanted whenever I called.

Used to be able to order a individual game using the remote, but that changed several years ago and can only get it by phone.

Yes, we have both E/W coast DNS service during this time also.

'01 34'Carri-Lite, 5ver
h2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
WOW, just read through 6 pages of post and STILL not sure if I should open that can-o-worms with Directv !!!

I am an honest man and want to play by the rules,
but some things push you over the edge when it gets ludicrous !!!

My wife reminds me when I call a 'customer service rep' I am talking to a minimum wage clerk AT BEST... and sometimes they are in the continental United States... and sometimes English is their first language
Old 02-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #76

You can register a cell phone with direct TV and use it in place of land line for an annual fee of $18 or at least that was the cost yet last year.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
As of 2/25/2014 there will no longer be distant Networks available from Dissh Networks as their peovider All American is quitting service!

Dish networks customer service has no answer for those who travel and doesn't seem to understand the RVers and truckers impact and problem of trying to get network programming . Their answer is "get networks from local stations"!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Distant networks gone from Dish

Not much point having an in motion Antenna on an RV if you have Dish anymore. I am disappointed that Dish know this was coming and made no attempt to address it. I've been with Dish for many years but I'll have to switch to Direct TV if I can't get my networks in my RV.

Everyone please call Dish and complain! As one of a million RV Snowbirds I refuse to believe that Dish is willing to give up on so many customers. I was planning on getting a Traveler antenna, now I've got to wait to see if I need a Dish or Direct TV Traveler antenna .

If anyone has any more info from Dish please post.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
This problem even extends to those people who live a distance from a local network outlet and use Dish so that they can see news and etc.

Dish says they are concerned about their ability to get Internet but not their Network access!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #80

Workhorse Chassis Owner
For DNS on a RV Mobile account, does anyone know if you can still fax the waiver forms in. The fax number at the beginning of this thread doesn't seem to work. Thanks
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #81

I just sent mine in and the CS person I talked too said we have to send them in.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #82

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
I just sent mine in and the CS person I talked too said we have to send them in.
Thanks Steve.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #83

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
Steve, a CSR gave me this number and it worked, I've got DNS. 800-978-2792. When I was given the above number, I was told to fax the forms Attn: SHVA, which according to Mr. Google is Satellite Home Viewer Act.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
Steve, a CSR gave me this number and it worked, I've got DNS. 800-978-2792. When I was given the above number, I was told to fax the forms Attn: SHVA, which according to Mr. Google is Satellite Home Viewer Act.
Thank you Florida, did they activate you immediately?
Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote