RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 PM   #1

DirecTV channels went away.

While watching DirecTV today, my channels started going away. First it was every other one and when I did a new channel search I got none.

Doing a transponder test showed " 0 " at every other transponder, but a 98% signal strength.

Went on to the DTV chat thing and did all of the usual resetting but nothing helped.

Got to the point of him wanting to send a technician to my home. Well I'm not home and haven't been there in 5 years. My service address gets me the big 4 networks, sent from NYC, everywhere I travel. No calling to change areas.

After some back and forth and more tests, he said he would FedX an HD receiver to where I am, at my summer home. He said It will be plug and play and work on my 18" dish.

He said it will also work with my King Quest SD dome that I use on my MH.

Can it be this easy ?

I will follow-up when the receiver arrives.

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #2

I had a problem a few weeks ago also. Try powering down your receiver, unplug it don't just turn it off, and then power back up. It will run a test for about 15 min and then be ok after that. In over 2 years of using my receiver I never had to do that before but it worked.

TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I had a problem a few weeks ago also. Try powering down your receiver, unplug it don't just turn it off, and then power back up. It will run a test for about 15 min and then be ok after that. In over 2 years of using my receiver I never had to do that before but it worked.
Did all of that a few times.

They said the D11 receiver isn't going to work anymore.

I have a marine KVH M10, in motion receiver, that I'm going to fire up and see if that still works.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #4

Called today, they have no record of my 2 hour chat.

They couldn't FedEx the receiver to where I am, so I canceled the service.

I ordered a Dish Network Wally and a King converter, so I can use my Directv King Quest on Dish network.

Going with the RV plan.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I did pretty-much the same thing several months ago with DTV. And Still waiting to receive the box they were going to send me so's I could give them back their stuff.
Switched to DishTV and couldn't be happier - well, except for the several weeks when they sent out a bad software update (called U801) that caused my receivers to flip back-and-forth between SD and HD. Got the newer U802 and all's well now.

Good luck!
Old 06-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #6

Twinboat
Not getting even transponders usually means you are not getting the 18v satellite selection signal through to the dish. Main possibility is a cable or connector problem - corrosion in a connector center core or shield not making contact properly in a connector, . Could be a dish/LNB problem but the only way to check that is to swap the cables at the dish - if the problem moves with the cable, it's a cable problem. If it stays on the same dish output, it's the dish /lnb
davehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehill View Post
Twinboat
Not getting even transponders usually means you are not getting the 18v satellite selection signal through to the dish. Main possibility is a cable or connector problem - corrosion in a connector center core or shield not making contact properly in a connector, . Could be a dish/LNB problem but the only way to check that is to swap the cables at the dish - if the problem moves with the cable, it's a cable problem. If it stays on the same dish output, it's the dish /lnb
Thanks for the info but I'm done with DirecTV. I needed a receiver newer then the D11 soon anyway. They couldn't ship it to where I am.

It may have been a connection but I also lost service to my M10 in motion system. Customer service with DirecTV is bad.

I now have a Dish Network HiDef Outdoors plan. Looks much better on my 50" TV

Tags
directv