Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Dish 119

Hey everyone, I have an issue finding the 119 with dish network. I have a dish 500 dual LNB with a dish network VIP222k receiver. I have the rg6 connected to the #1 port on the 119 and the 110. There is another port in the LNB that is not connected to anything, it says #2. I plug the rg6 in each port on the receiver, satellite 1 and 2. I can dial the 110 easily and do the check switch then. I cannot find the 119 to save my life. I thought the dish 500 would get them both???? Any ideas on what im doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help! Even if I only connect the 119 side of the LNB and only look for 119, i still cant find it..
bamabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The two ports on the LNB should make no difference.

The procedure.... Method 1:
Menu 6 1 1 and enter the ZIP CODE where you are parked, write down the numbers for AZ, EL and Skew.. Preset El and Skew on the dish and snug them down.

Make sure the mast is verticle (Plumb) use a level

Now swing the azimuth, I like to work from east to west, If you see whichever bird you peak on peak twice use the western most peak for 110, the eastern most for 119.

Continue peaking

Lock it down.

Now try your check switch.

IF you have seious issues

As you stand behind the dish the LNB on your right is 110, the left one is 119

Put a "Tin-Foil" hat over the 119 lnb Remove it once you have 110 peaked and before you do the check switch.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
One mistake I've made is getting the tripod set level, then letting the dish sag a little when aiming. Everything was right except that the sag left the aim a bit low.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your Dish 500 should pick up both 110 and 119. It should lock onto 119 and then you will get both 110 and 119 signals from the satellites.

I have had problems on occasion when the antenna would only pick up and lock onto 110. Make sure you choose satellite 119 from the setup screen when you put in your zip code.

The arm on my modified Dish 500 antenna sags a little and I have to put a bungy on it to hold it up. If it sags too much it won't lock onto 119.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	9414

See the green bungy from the LNB to the dish.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #5

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I have been sick for the last 3 days and havent got to try them out yet. I do have a question though, does the 119 have to be plugged into satellite 1 on the back of the receiver or does it matter? I always have put the 110 on satellite 1 on the receiver just because I pick it up so fast and easy. I think I might also try a new tripod because the whole dish kinda sags a little on the one I have. Again, thanks for all the help!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The tripods at tv4rv.com are good. They have adjustable legs and a ground stake with bungee cord to keep it there.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
First go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com, enter your location on the top line and from the second line, scroll down to the Multi-LNB section and select 119W and 110W. That will give you the angles to point at.

When I had Dish, I had one cable from the Dish Pro (connected to port 1) going to a signal separator (looks like a splitter but works differently) and the outputs of the separator to Input 1 and Input 2 on the receiver. 119 is on Port 1 and Port 2 is for 110. However, the DishPro LNB has a built in switch, so no external switch needed and only 1 cable needed.

The LNB IN port is used if you put up a 2nd dish for [let's say] 61.5. For this, plug the 2nd dish Port 1 to the 1st dish LNB IN. Then line up the 2nd dish for 61.5 (again using the link above but look for 61.5). You will then get SD and HD programming.

Use your signal strength screen (menu 6-1-1) for fine tuning on both dishes if applicable.

Make sure that, after you get peak signal (check level for each and every satellite), you run CHECK SWITCH to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be and the receiver knows where they are.

I've been using the 3' tripod from Camping World and it has never let me down. After leveling the tripod I drive 8" spikes thru the hole of each leg. Then I drive those mat peg (with the orange caps) at an opposite angle of each leg. I use 6' ratchet ties downs to strap each leg to the mat pegs. I have lived thru 60 mph winds and it never went down.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #8

ok, i got it to find 119 last night with a signal strength of about 60. I was happy with that so I locked it in. The only thing i noticed was that the elevation called for 40 which just about makes the dish straight up and down. I found the signal and then instead of going east - west to strengthen, i used the elevation to tune it in better. it ended with a good signal at about 50 to 55 on the elevation. I marked all the spots with a sharpie and we are going to bamas spring game this weekend, so we will try it out then.....Thanks again for all of the help everyone gave!