Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf46 View Post
I have 2 tvs and a wineguard traveler (love that). I was moving my Dish VIP 702 dual tuner DVR in and out of the house well that got old real fast so I bought another 702 for the rv. If you look real hard good deals on new or refurbished 702s are out there. Maybe you could do something like that x2. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

I have to ask...........why 4 tvs??
Correction...... should be VIP722 not 702
bobf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Someone here reported dish does not allow a Hopper in the house, and another Hopper in the RV. Dunno why.

We have Hopper in the house and 211k in the RV. Works fine for our current weekend / week long vacation mode of RV'ing. But would want Hopper in the RV if using more of the time.

As commented, the simplest way to go is two 211k receivers.

While having the Traveler antenna installed you might want to upgrade your OTA antenna also. Traveler for sat plus Razor for OTA is a good way to go, IMHO.
I believe you may have been referring to my post. Yes you can have a hopper 1 or 2 in your house and in your RV both on the same account. When you go to a hopper 3 is where things change. I can tell you after several days of argueing with dish. You CANNOT have a hopper 3 in your house and a hopper 1, 2, 3 in your motorhome. Prior to switching to the hopper 3 in my home I had 2 hopper 1's in my home and a hopper 2 in my motor home all on the same account. When i switched to the hopper 3 in my home they told me they had to decertify the hopper 2 in my motor home to allow them to register the hopper 3. After they got the hopper 3 up and going I could call them and reregister the hopper 2 in the motor home. I agreed to that and my hopper 3 was installed and registered. When I went to reregister my hopper 2 ( which I had purchased it is not a leased unit) Dish refused to allow me to register it. It did not matter that I had 3 hoppers registered previously on my account and now wanted to just register 2. They refused to do it. I went up a couple of levels of management in my argument and did not get anywhere. They told me i could register the 211 in my motor home if I wanted to but could not register anything else. It makes no sense. I do not want to register a 211 because then i am limited to only recording 1 channel. It is not a matter of them having to lease me equipment. I own my own equipment. They are losing the revenue of my paying for another reciever and joey but I guess they are not that concerned about that. There is not a logical reason for it at all, they just refuse to do it.

If you get a hopper 3 and go to put it in your motor home you will have to change to a hybrid LNB and swap some connections around. There are some articles on here about how to do it. Make sure you read them before you make the swap.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #17

Mine is a more basic question. I have the dishViP 222K and a currently non active 311. A Wineguard receiver. TV is not that important to me. I don't record, DVR or have a show that my life ends if I miss it. I have 3 TVs in the coach but rarely turn on a second. I called Dish a few months ago and they talked about activating the 311 for $7-10 a month. Since no one is going to be at the house seems a waste of $$ to activate another receiver. What pitfalls beside not having locals will I have by just moving the 222K to the coach for the trip. Going on a 5 month AK trip so not staying anyplace very long and local channels not important.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish