Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #1

Dish Outdoors Update Local Channels with app

Dish just became even more attractive for the RV world. If you area Dish Outdoors customer. You can now switch locals with their app.
No more phone calls or chats to change locals when you move.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
Dish just became even more attractive for the RV world. If you area Dish Outdoors customer. You can now switch locals with their app.
Last trip that i needed to reauthorize as the dish was inactive for awhile i did it online by going to my account > dish outdoors then reauthorize, they now call it wake up receivers. I then had to call in to get my local channels. Once i was all set i asked that it would be nice if the local channel change could be done online as well. The associate took my request and said I was not the first one asking. Nice to know they are listening to their customers.

You said you can switch locals with their app, are you using a phone app? would you give more details on the path to get to the local change wether phone app or your online account via the internet.

2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
Last trip that i needed to reauthorize as the dish was inactive for awhile i did it online by going to my account > dish outdoors then reauthorize, they now call it wake up receivers. I then had to call in to get my local channels. Once i was all set i asked that it would be nice if the local channel change could be done online as well. The associate took my request and said I was not the first one asking. Nice to know they are listening to their customers.

You said you can switch locals with their app, are you using a phone app? would you give more details on the path to get to the local change wether phone app or your online account via the internet.

I just received an email today that detailed it.

From Dish:
Whether youíre traveling, tailgating, or RVing, as a DISH Outdoors customer, you can now update your local channels by visiting the DISH Outdoors page in the MyDISH App. Follow the instructions below to enjoy an even better experience!
Download the MyDISH app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Enter/Create your Online ID to log in to the app
Open the Services tab
Select Local Channels in the DISH Outdoors section
Click the Manage Locals button
Follow the step by step instructions on the screen
Old 04-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #4

Coastal Campers
There's no manage local services option for me in my dish app. Wonder if there's an update?
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

Quote:

I have DISH PAY AS YOU GO. Is there a way on the app to turn it off or cancel it when you want to do that?

I looked on the app and I didn't see it.

If now you still have to call to cancel.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #6

yes, just found out why MY app didn't have it yet - I hadn't updated the app!

thanks.... : )

ooopss... updated, but still don't see it : /

'14 FordFocus, BlueOx, KingTailgater2, 200w/10a SOLAR, AT&T UnlPlus int/wifi, all of continental US, ALASKA, and most of Canada...82,000+ miles
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I’m liking that. That is way out front of ATT/DirecTV at this point. ATT seems so engrossed in its merger process/issues, it will likely be awhile before I can do the same.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #8

Coastal Campers
I tried to update, nothing either. I have version 3.3.1
Wonder if the box needs to be activated prior to the allowing the option for local channels?
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #9

It is under services in the app.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6196.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	199507

You must be a Dish Outdoors Customer.
Those with Dish at home and using an extra receiver would not have this I am guessing.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #10

Quote:
It is under services in the app.
Attachment 199507

You must be a Dish Outdoors Customer.
Those with Dish at home and using an extra receiver would not have this I am guessing.
No. It appears to be a"buggy" DISH rollout.

According to a DISH rep I just talked to, the "Manage Locals" option was added on April 13th, and some of us received letters about it. If you didn't receive a letter, then you probably don't have the "Manage Locals" option enabled.

I tried calling the DISH Outdoors 800 number, but these folks just referred me to the main DISH number (888-615-3725). However, the DISH Outdoors SR said he thought that there might be a problem with existing DISH customers. Oh joy.

The SR at the main DISH number said that it's an "issue" and my feedback was sent to DISH's engineering staff.

So . . . if you the "Manage Locals" options doesn't appear on your myDISH app, call DISH's main number and complain.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just checked. Not there in my app. Not traveling for a few weeks so will wait a bit for an update.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I just received an email today that detailed it.

From Dish:
Whether you’re traveling, tailgating, or RVing, as a DISH Outdoors customer, you can now update your local channels by visiting the DISH Outdoors page in the MyDISH App. Follow the instructions below to enjoy an even better experience!
Download the MyDISH app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Enter/Create your Online ID to log in to the app
Open the Services tab
Select Local Channels in the DISH Outdoors section
Click the Manage Locals button
Follow the step by step instructions on the screen
spk64,
Thanks for the detailed path to the locals change. I'm a long time dish subscriber at the S&B and have a tailgater for 6 years. i didn't have the iphone mydish app so i downloaded it to my phone. I got to the outdoors section and only saw reauthorize. As TechWriter noted if you didn't get the email you probable don't have the manage local channels.....YET. Earlier today i chated with a dish rep who knew nothing about it. Figure it is a new rollout and not all know about it and a few bugs need to be worked out.

I will call not to complain but to inform. Thanks again for the in formation
Old 04-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
... snip ...
Good guess! If you have what is called a ďhybrid account,Ē meaning not just an RV account but one with both RV and Home equipment, then you donít yet have the ability to change the service address yourself.

As a hybrid account customer, Iím sure anxious for them to give us the ability, too. The second-level support person I talked to today said many folks are chomping at the bit for it and itís in the works.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
After my chat i received an email to grade the experience. At the end where you get to write your concerns i noted the inability for some Dish subscribers not being able to change our service address online and having to call in. In that email i was asked if it would be okay for a follow up phone call which i agreed to.

The call came a few minutes ago from a very nice woman named Kaylin, the same person who sent the email. She explained that as i am a home dish subscriber AND have a tailgater for travel i have what they call a hybrid account. Her solution was to do the pay as you go on a separate account. I quickly said that would not work as that would be $35 vers the $7 i pay now for the extra receiver. She is noting the issue and forwarding up the chain of command.

So for now us with dish at the S&B will have to call in for the service address change. Having to call in only takes a few minutes, not like in the past before being able to do it online when i called in for a reauthorize hit between trips. That reauthorize call while the associate stayed on the line till you had your channels took over a half hour.

Time will tell.

Tags
dish, door, doors, outdoor