Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #1

Dish - Pay as you go

I just signed up for Dish Network pay as you go programming for the month of June. I keep getting billed for July and August for which I did not have service. I called customer support and they said that's normal and to just ignore the bill but it keeps running up. It's now at $108.00. I'm afraid that they will not start my service when I need it next until I catch my bill up. I also don't want to deal with bill collectors for this being past due. So far customer service has been of no service to me. Has anyone else had this issue?
Shell925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #2

Carolina Campers
Dish - Pay as you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell925 View Post
I just signed up for Dish Network pay as you go programming for the month of June. I keep getting billed for July and August for which I did not have service. I called customer support and they said that's normal and to just ignore the bill but it keeps running up. It's now at $108.00. I'm afraid that they will not start my service when I need it next until I catch my bill up. I also don't want to deal with bill collectors for this being past due. So far customer service has been of no service to me. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have had it charge, then get credit on next statement cycle. Pay the bill, don't wait until they fix it. It is not going to help YOU if the bill is delinquent. JMHO. I don't like their billing process, as it is very weird the way they do it, but you will only cause yourself an issue if you don't pay the bill and then get it resolved.

I only have to wait until October, then I will toss out DISH and change my service. I am not happy with DISH at all.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #3

I take it you are automatic renewal
edstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I just started pay as you go in June without auto pay. My July bill they did send me a late notice after I paid the July bill in the 3rd week of June. I went online to check and it did show as paid. I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell925 View Post

First if you are truly on the PAY-AS-YOU-GO program DO NOT pay for any service you do not intend to use. Yes DISH will try to bill you hoping you will pay so they can use your money instead of you having it. Only pay for each new months service 7 days before the new month starts never any earlier. When you are done with the service for a period of time call DISH and tell them you wish to DISCONNECT your service. DO NOT say pause or suspend. This will save you the $5 for nothing charge and the unused portion of any month left on your account will sit in your account as a credit against the charges for the next time you restart your service.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Same thing happened to me. You do not have to pay and you can ignore the bill. When you go to start service again they will not require you to pay the balance owed. There are no collection or credit reporting ramifications.

This is simply a result of them trying to make their billing system work as pay-as-you-go when it does not appear to be designed well to do so.
Campbell5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #7

No, I am not on auto pay.
Shell925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #8

I am a pay go customer...I hate getting their bills. I have not done the autopay option as I don't wish to pay when I'm not using the service...I already have to pay th full month even if I'm only using a few weeks worth.

I have called each time and they've also said I AM listed as a "dish for my RV" customer...this last time they promised to put a note in my file that I did NOT want any bills.

DUH! I pay in advance for each month. I should never owe anything. That's the contract. They're usually very nice about it...but. I. Don't. Want. A. Bill.

Period.

Got it?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #9

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell5 View Post
Same thing happened to me. You do not have to pay and you can ignore the bill. When you go to start service again they will not require you to pay the balance owed. There are no collection or credit reporting ramifications.

This is simply a result of them trying to make their billing system work as pay-as-you-go when it does not appear to be designed well to do so.
I too found out that that is the way Dish bills (for NO auto renew as well). When I first experienced this I called a rep and he said that it was confusing but that's just the way their system works.

Now I routinely just let the bills add up and then log in when I want to restart and click that button and pay the one month bill.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #10

Georgie Boy Owners Club
When I dropped the sports package for the summer the bill didn't drop the month I cancelled it online. So I had to call. It is weird the way they do it but no one else seems to want to cater to those of us who live in our rv and do not have a house. It works for us. And I did find out we can get PPV IF we call DISH. That normally is not a big deal but we gave in and wanted to get the Mayweather fight. It seems a lot of people with DirectTV had problems tuning in but we bought the fight at the last minute and it came right on. Customer service is a big plus with them
varankins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:53 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
IMHO, the Dish marketing is very misleading on this. I've had the same issues and after many phone calls, was told what lllkrob said above - to avoid the nonsense you have to notify them when service is to "disconnected" (be careful with the terminology). Not at all what the marketing documentation says.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So today we called to suspend our Dish.. We are new at this as we did have it at Home and in the RV.. Now just the RV... anyway they said that we could not re-hookup until 30 days have passed.. Not at all what we have always understood. This just now happened, I was sitting here and the wife said suspend our RV account,,
We go again in two weeks..
Also, is their and on-line way to suspend, then rehook up.. sure would beat being on hold.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They did that to me as well.. What's worse is they sent the bill in my deceased wife's name.. She never signed up for Dish service, ever.

I replied.. they backed off.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #14

We have it, just pay online when you want it turned on for 30 days.

Tags
dish