Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Yahoo to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Skype™ to AlsSouthWind
Dish pay as you go

Installing cable my 97 southwind still has old style cable hook up though the coach. Is there a way to run the RJ 6 through the coach for my dish instead of it hanging out the window or in door jams ? I think it runs through the ceiling
AlsSouthWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 09:15 AM   #2

I believe this will work but only if you take out the amplifier you may have wired in. I am not sure if you have one on that model but on mine it looks like a standard plug with a button that turns on a little green LED. From my understanding turning it off is not enough, you need to completely bypass the amplifier.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone else experienced this? ...

After using my Dish network account, and temporarily stopped traveling in my coach I notified Dish Network that, since I am on the Dish "Pay-as-you-go-TV-service" and will not be using the service in my RV for the next month or so. Shortly, on May 26,2017 I received the following response from DISH:

"...You don't have to worry about this bill because this will be adjusted once your service gets disconnected. The account type that you selected when you joined DISH is set to Pay-As-You-Go. I apologize to have caused any confusion..."

I then stopped paying my bill back then but noticed recently that my account was accumulating monthly "past due" charges. So I wrote again: "Please note that my account shows a bill of $90.34. This is incorrect; it should be zero. Please correct, as per your statement on May 26 2017:
Thank you in advance for your cooperation." The message below came back from DISH today, June 28 2017:
"...I'm sorry for the confusion but let me check the account.
I'm showing here that your bill includes two months of service. We received your last payment of $45.17 posted on May 5, 2017.
Your service is temporary disconnected due to non payment. We need to collect $45.17 to restart the account...."
So... I wrote again, after discovering my outstanding balance was now over $90, hoping that the DISH rep would at least try to find out how Pay as you go service is supposed to work after noting what I was sent on 5/23: "...
It is deeply troubling to me that, after years of my being a "DISH Pay-As-You-GO service" customer, my account does not correctly show a zero balance. Please note the email which I received on 5/23/17 from your colleague at DISH, which states ("You don't have to worry about this bill...")
That email is shown in the earlier emails from this thread. Essentially I owe nothing because of the terms of the DISH Pay-As-You-GO service."

I then received another response from the same representative:
"Your account is pay as you go. However, we didn't received payment for your June bill."
I believe I am being harassed into paying for a service which I properly stopped, am not receiving and do not want to use.

Have others here on DISH pay-as-you-go received the same arrogant a and ignorant treatment?
Old 06-28-2017, 05:37 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
Yupppppp.... I no longer have dish was a royal pain in the as@ dealing with them
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:15 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
This representative continues to refute the terms of the Pay-as-you-go contract, and continues to ignore that initial email (from another rep), confirming the stop of the service. He/she is continuing to harass me about a bill for services which I cancelled and received confirmation.

I do not know if this is just a scam perpetrated by certain individuals in the company to collect $ for services not rendered or if it is just that these people are ignorant. In any event I will no longer respond to this DISH rep or any that continue to perpetrate this lie. If I do not hear from a manager who should straighten this out I will just contact Charles William "Charlie" Ergen, DISH's CEO and drop all this in hos lap.

DISH employees who give this sort of arrogant, defiant attitude should NOT be DISH employees. This is not the first time it has happened but it should be the last.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
Probably some Plipp chick doing what she told. It's a scam on Dish's part to get you to pay for something you didn't order/want. They do it all the time, most people giving up and paying. Which was their intent all along.
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #7

Sounds like you need to kick the conversation upstairs and ask to speak to the rep's supervisor. And the supervisor's supervisor if they don't get the concept of pay as you go.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #8

I'm going through a similar situation. However, mine goes like this. When I received notification of my June bill being due, I just ignored it, thinking that when I want to activate my service, I would pay for the next month from the date of payment. A week ago Monday, received a call on DW's phone with a message that account was suspended and needed to make a payment for June. Yesterday, received a second message. Today received e-mail that I now owe for 2 months. So, I called Dish, representative said that once past the June billing cycle (July 18th), half would drop off. Received another call to DW's phone today; I answered and listened to the point that it wanted me to pay the 2 months usage - hung up. Called Dish again. Representative said that if I don't re-activate it before the 18th, my account will be cancelled, however, calling them I can get it re-instated and be on a billing cycle date beginning on that date. Also, asked that Dish quit calling and sending me text messages that I owe money.

Now in actuality, I'm going to re-activate the account on the 13th. I was told and hoping that my billing cycle will begin on that date.

Does this make sense to others? Or am I being mis-informed?

The way I would expect "Pay-as-you-go" to work would be:
1. Once your account is active, you would receive one notification that to continue the account being active, make a payment by certain date.
2. If you don't make a payment, then your account is in-active.
3. When you want to re-activate your account, you make a payment and that date starts your new billing cycle.

I would think that would be the easy way to do it, less hassle for the consumer and Dish.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

This has been discussed on this forum and other forums as to the verbiage you HAVE to use to prevent this. When you contact DISH either by phone or chat NEVER SAY YOU WANT TO STOP YOUR SERVICE, OR SUSPEND YOUR SERVICE. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS SAY YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR SERVICE, OR DISCONNECT YOUR SERVICE. In those precise terms. Then you will no longer receive any more bills.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemist View Post
I'm going through a similar situation. However, mine goes like this. When I received notification of my June bill being due, I just ignored it, thinking that when I want to activate my service, I would pay for the next month from the date of payment. A week ago Monday, received a call on DW's phone with a message that account was suspended and needed to make a payment for June. Yesterday, received a second message. Today received e-mail that I now owe for 2 months. So, I called Dish, representative said that once past the June billing cycle (July 18th), half would drop off. Received another call to DW's phone today; I answered and listened to the point that it wanted me to pay the 2 months usage - hung up. Called Dish again. Representative said that if I don't re-activate it before the 18th, my account will be cancelled, however, calling them I can get it re-instated and be on a billing cycle date beginning on that date. Also, asked that Dish quit calling and sending me text messages that I owe money.

Now in actuality, I'm going to re-activate the account on the 13th. I was told and hoping that my billing cycle will begin on that date.

Does this make sense to others? Or am I being mis-informed?

The way I would expect "Pay-as-you-go" to work would be:
1. Once your account is active, you would receive one notification that to continue the account being active, make a payment by certain date.
2. If you don't make a payment, then your account is in-active.
3. When you want to re-activate your account, you make a payment and that date starts your new billing cycle.

I would think that would be the easy way to do it, less hassle for the consumer and Dish.

Thanks.
Rick,

Here's a screen shot of DISH's explanation of their Pay-As-You-Go service which was on their website back when I bought my DISH VIP 211z DVR. There's also advertising in the VIP 211 box which says pretty much the same thing.

It can be really frustrating. Few DISH representatives admit they know about this plan and they will make excuses, challenge what you say, deny what you say, refer to something totally unrelated, tell you they will cancel the bill and then do nothing ... or merely ignore what you say and mention your 'past due amount'.

What I have been doing is writing to DISH customer support notifying them that I am stopping/cancelling/disconnecting service under the terms of the "Pay as you go" contract. However that usually is ignored... but I do have a record of notifying them of their own policy.

The only alternative is DirecTV, however I do not think they have anything better to offer other than continuous service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DISH PAY AS YOU GO SERVICE.png
Views:	365
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	167644  
Old 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
This has been discussed on this forum and other forums as to the verbiage you HAVE to use to prevent this. When you contact DISH either by phone or chat NEVER SAY YOU WANT TO STOP YOUR SERVICE, OR SUSPEND YOUR SERVICE. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS SAY YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR SERVICE, OR DISCONNECT YOUR SERVICE. In those precise terms. Then you will no longer receive any more bills.
I can tell them "stop", "cancel" turn off", "disconnect" or just about any synonym of the above. Their reaction is the same. Meanwhile, the terms of their Pay-as-you-go service as advertised (see above) requires nothing.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #12

Thanks, rpasetto. I should have mentioned I've only had the account since April so I'm new to the plan. Hopefully after going through the cancel/restart process a couple times, it will go smoother. Thanks Again.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
I just started the pay-as-you-go. I didn't use the automatic payment. I only call them and pay one month at a time.

I hope it works!
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #14

OK, an update from my Post #8.
I called Dish today (July 13th) to activate my account. I asked Michelle on the other end 4 times if the payment I made today was for the next 30 days, her answer was "YES". However, she also said that the payment I made was for June. So now I'm confused. I guess I'll wait till July 18th and see if I still have service, in the meantime, I'll keep checking MyDish.com to see what my account says. Hopefully, this will be alright. If not, any suggestions on what I should have done differently? Just to be clear I did not call to "Cancel" or "Disconnect" my services in early June, I just did not pay the amount due in June. The number I called was 800-333-3474, is there a different number I should have called? I will provide an update when new info is obtained. Thanks.

Tags
dish