Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #1

DISH RV Dept. Phone Number

Does anyone have the CORRECT phone number for the DISH RV Department? I have tried calling them twice since the first of the year on 888-309-0370 and have gotten the Equipment Verification Department. Needless to say they didn't know a RV from a SUV. The 888 number used to be the direct line to the DISH RV customer service people. The reason I'm trying to reach them is I believe with a Dish for RV account I am supposed to be getting full HD included with the price of the subscription package, instead I only get a few useless channels in HD the rest in SD. My Winegard Road Trip dome is set up for the hybrid configuration of sats 110-119-61.5.

Any help would be appreciated..
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use 110 - 119 - and 129. 129 is where my HD channels are.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Depends on where in the continental US you're located as to which of the satellites you'll need to access to be able to view the programs. Call Dish RV at 888.854.9535, and they should be able to help. The satellite at 61.5 is for the east coast/south.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #4

I use the 888 number you referenced everytime I move and want to change local channels. Matter of fact I just got to Gering, NE and called that number not 15 minutes ago. A young lady, Holly, fixed me right up and now my Tailgater is downloading local channels.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #5

Hmmm. Interesting. We use the 110, 119 and 129 satellites. Traveling from Nova Scotia to Florida we have never had any trouble accessing any of them. This summer we'll be on the west coast and we'll find out if it's the same on that side of the US.
fnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Does anyone have the CORRECT phone number for the DISH RV Department? I have tried calling them twice since the first of the year on 888-309-0370 and have gotten the Equipment Verification Department. Needless to say they didn't know a RV from a SUV. The 888 number used to be the direct line to the DISH RV customer service people. The reason I'm trying to reach them is I believe with a Dish for RV account I am supposed to be getting full HD included with the price of the subscription package, instead I only get a few useless channels in HD the rest in SD. My Winegard Road Trip dome is set up for the hybrid configuration of sats 110-119-61.5.

Any help would be appreciated..
This may not be the issue here , but I think it matters where you are trying to get reception. I know that in my tailgater manual it says that there are some parts of the country where you will be unable to get sat 129 where most of their HD channels are. If that's the issue you will get fewer HD channels and those channels will be received on sat119 in SD. Again , this may not be it but.....
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #7

I've got the Tailgater, and I have no idea what sats it picks up, as it acquires them automatically. I do know this, I've pretty much be all over the West since I've gone Dish and I've had no trouble getting the local channels, nor HD channels, if available locally.

Hard to believe, but there are some local channels that are not HD, but they are in pretty small markets in my experience.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
... Call Dish RV at 888.854.9535, and they should be able to help. ,,,.
That phone number is NO longer in service. I called the number (May 9, 2013) and received a recording saying that it was no longer in service and to call the generic 1-800-333-DISH. When the DW called that number she asked for and was put through to the RV department no questions asked. The young man she spoke with knew what we were asking for and updated our system to SoCal without a problem.
CPO_Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPO_Retired View Post
That phone number is NO longer in service. I called the number (May 9, 2013) and received a recording saying that it was no longer in service and to call the generic 1-800-333-DISH. When the DW called that number she asked for and was put through to the RV department no questions asked. The young man she spoke with knew what we were asking for and updated our system to SoCal without a problem.
Call the 888-309-0370 number directly. It's the number I use for moving local channels.

Tags
dish