Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Dish service at home and pay extra for the local channels. I lose the local channels in the MH when I get about 100 miles or so from home. I applied for a waiver for the MH and Dish said my request has been denied because I am already receiving local channels.

Should I get the locals in the MH now? Is Dish correct in denying my waiver for the MH? I am confused and Dish is not clear on the explanation.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Dish service at home and pay extra for the local channels. I lose the local channels in the MH when I get about 100 miles or so from home. I applied for a waiver for the MH and Dish said my request has been denied because I am already receiving local channels.

Should I get the locals in the MH now? Is Dish correct in denying my waiver for the MH? I am confused and Dish is not clear on the explanation.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #3

You cannot have one receiver programmed for locals and another programmed for DNS. If you only have one receiver then you will be able to get the DNS services through All American. You can suspend the service on one receiver or you can tell them that all receivers are in the RV and you will get the DNS services on all receivers on your account.
I should clarify. You can can multiple receivers with local and DNS but you must have separate accounts and pay the full service price for both receivers. You just can't mirror the service.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the clarification. So when we are going to be gone a month or more, we can drop the local channels and get the waiver? Then when we return home could we revert back to our original service?

Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #5

If you have only 1 or 2 receivers and you declare that you will have one or both in the RV only then you will qualify for the DNS services. Download, fill out the form, include a copy of your RV registration and you should have the service in about 10 days. When you return to a home location you can call and have them cancel the DNS and restore your locals. If you only travel for short periods it might not be worth the effort since you can often get the local Network programming from your batwing antenna. You would have to send in a new waiver every time you want to go mobile again.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Bill, nice hat! Does this mean that Dish is now able to give subscribers distant networks to RV'ers with a waiver or are you talking about Direct Tv?
AkTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dish doesn't supply DNS, but you can use the Dish receiver and get them from All American.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #8

You have always been able to get the DNS Networks with a Dish Net. receiver. They simply changed who you had to pay for these services. Due to Dish Net.'s failure to follow the law the Courts removed their authority to sell the DNS service but you can pay All American the same fee that you would have paid Dish Net. and receive the exact same DNS programming.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I down loaded the forms from All American Direct and will fax them tomorrow. Looks like they will be able to help. Thanx to all for the suggestions.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #10

Wayne,

I'm not sure how All America works today, but my first two purchases were 6-month minimum payments. My new bill just came in and was for another 6months. But they now let you pay monthly on CC.

When I got the DNS I just discontinued the Las Vegas locals. The DNS channels provide all of DW's reality show requirements. I really don't miss the Vegas local news, we live about 80 miles northeast.

Works for us.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I downloaded and faxed my forms last night (Tuesday). They just called and informed that my request was filled and I now have the 4 locals out of San Francisco and Atlanta. I just checked the MH and they are up and working. Great service, and thanx to all of you who helped. I wish I had found this site when I bought my first MH. Always a wealth of knowledge and friendly help. We will be looking for fellow iRV2ers at Pomona. If you see us, stop and say hello. Our iRV2 plaque is mounted on the ladder.