Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #1

Dish Trav'ler replacement parts

I managed to break the Dish Trav'ler satellite dish on my RV and am in need of some replacement parts.

Specifically, I need the part at the end of the arm that holds the 3 "pucks" or I assume receivers. The arm is not damaged, nor the "pucks".

Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain Winegard Trav'ler replacement parts?

Thanks

Shallow
Shallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #2

Call Winegard. They will sell direct. Heck, their web site probably has a parts breakdown.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #3

It's a 1000.2 Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow View Post
I managed to break the Dish Trav'ler satellite dish on my RV and am in need of some replacement parts.

Specifically, I need the part at the end of the arm that holds the 3 "pucks" or I assume receivers. The arm is not damaged, nor the "pucks".
Most of the DISH Winegard Travler is a standard 1000.2 dish.

Do you mean the two plastic pieces that connect the LNBF (the 3 pucks) to the metal arm (not the metal piece I'm holding below)?

If so, you can probably get the part cheaper if you look around.

Here's a link to Dish Depot:
https://dishdepot.com/product/dish-1...-feed-bracket/
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #4

Thanks, I couldn't find a parts list on their website, but I'll give them a call. Glad to hear they will sell direct.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Out of curiosity, how did it get broken? The reason I ask is that the alignment of the arm and LNBs to the reflector is very critical, and it's hard to imagine how the LNB assembly got broken without damaging the arm and/or the arm mounting point....
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVforMyRV View Post
Out of curiosity, how did it get broken? The reason I ask is that the alignment of the arm and LNBs to the reflector is very critical, and it's hard to imagine how the LNB assembly got broken without damaging the arm and/or the arm mounting point....
A tree branch struck it. But that's irrelevant. The only visible damage was to the cast piece that is bolted to the "LNB"s. I'll look closely at the arm and mounting point for damage, too.

Thanks for the link, I'll check there first.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:27 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am still not sure what he is talking about. Is he talking about the two plastic pieces that hold the LNB and feedhorns to the antenna arm. If he broke those I would be curious how well the feedhorns work now.

IF he broke the LNB itself then he can go to a sattelite dish installer and just buy the whole assembly. That is what i did for the hybrid LNB for the hopper 3
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
I am still not sure what he is talking about. Is he talking about the two plastic pieces that hold the LNB and feedhorns to the antenna arm. If he broke those I would be curious how well the feedhorns work now.

IF he broke the LNB itself then he can go to a sattelite dish installer and just buy the whole assembly. That is what i did for the hybrid LNB for the hopper 3
Gentlemen, I'm apparently not articulating myself well, and I apologize for my ignorance regarding dish nomenclature. I'll try to describe the broken part better.

The LNB does not appear damaged. The part that the LNB is bolted to is broken at the point that it connects to the LNB.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #9

I'm fairly confident that Tech Writer hit the nail on the head with the part identification. The part in the link he shared, the integrated feed bracket, is the broken part.

I'll climb back up on the rig this week and check the other parts for damage.

Appreciate all the advice!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Well, you were right. The arm mounting point was bent slightly. I did my best to bend the arm mounting point into position. It is apparently aligned sufficiently. When powered on, the dish self aligned and located all three satellites. Hopefully the arm mounting point and associated frame work will maintain it's integrity.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:03 AM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Well, you were right. The arm mounting point was bent slightly. I did my best to bend the arm mounting point into position. It is apparently aligned sufficiently. When powered on, the dish self aligned and located all three satellites. Hopefully the arm mounting point and associated frame work will maintain it's integrity.

Glad you're up and running again.

Out of curiosity, what are the signal strengths like when you compare the 3 satellites? If they are all pretty equal, then I'd say you did a good job at fixing the bent parts....
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:35 AM   #12

Quote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain Winegard Trav'ler replacement parts?

Thanks

Shallow
Ebay has the Lnb for sale.
You probably also damaged the shielded power cables that run to the lnb. (you have 3 at $30 each) You can only get them from Winegard. You should call them to make sure that you are getting the correct parts. They are very nice and will ship them overnight if you want.

I just had to replace my power cable after it was damaged in the wind.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Glad you're up and running again.

Out of curiosity, what are the signal strengths like when you compare the 3 satellites? If they are all pretty equal, then I'd say you did a good job at fixing the bent parts....
Great question. I'll have to pull up the signal strength screen next time I'm at the RV. I must admit, I was surprised the system picked up the satellites and didn't check much else after the DishTV box booted up and downloaded the start up and programming screens.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
Ebay has the Lnb for sale.
You probably also damaged the shielded power cables that run to the lnb. (you have 3 at $30 each) You can only get them from Winegard. You should call them to make sure that you are getting the correct parts. They are very nice and will ship them overnight if you want.

I just had to replace my power cable after it was damaged in the wind.
The LNB and associated cables do not appear to be damaged. But, time will tell if/when I notice degradation in the functionality and picture. Thanks for the heads up in where to get the right cables.

Tags
ace, dish, parts, replace, replacement