Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #57
Community Administrator

My Bounder came with these two switching devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3639551952.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	44056

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1538267436.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	44057

I keep one on cable ( or ant. if I don't have cable ) and the other on Sat. I can watch each of the three tv's on either.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
My Bounder came with these two switching devices.

Attachment 44056

Attachment 44057

I keep one on cable ( or ant. if I don't have cable ) and the other on Sat. I can watch each of the three tv's on either.
Thanks, Cliff. I'm not sure how ours is configured. Are those switches located in the cabinets above the windshield?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #59
Community Administrator

Yes.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Do you know if that's the way your Bounder came from the factory and does it have the satellite dome? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #61
Community Administrator

I don't know if its factory ( my guess would be that it is )and its a Winegard Dish.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

OK, thanks. I expect the satellite receiver tomorrow, and we'll be picking up the Bounder from storage later in the week. I'm anxious to see how all this is going to work...or not.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay folks looking at the Pay as you Go. I have a DirecTV HD Dish, anyone using one or does it need to be moded to work with the VIP211 ? Txs
Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
Okay folks looking at the Pay as you Go. I have a DirecTV HD Dish, anyone using one or does it need to be moded to work with the VIP211 ? Txs
Nope. You need one of these antennas:
- DISH 500 Pro Plus

- DISH 1000.2

- DISH 1000.4

The last two require a heavy-duty tripod like this.

Plus, you should get yourself a decent sat meter.

So when all is said and down, you might just want to pop for a Tailgater.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can't have the OTA booster turned on while watching Dish, as it interferes with the signal. The bedroom TV, will most likely pick up the signal of Dish if you put the channel on 3 or 4. Everyone is over thinking this. Just try it then ask the ?'s. Don't forget to run "check switch" when you first hook up and have located a sat. This part takes several minutes. But if your dish hasn't located a sat. it won't work. Good luck.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
You can't have the OTA booster turned on while watching Dish, as it interferes with the signal. The bedroom TV, will most likely pick up the signal of Dish if you put the channel on 3 or 4. Everyone is over thinking this. Just try it then ask the ?'s. Don't forget to run "check switch" when you first hook up and have located a sat. This part takes several minutes. But if your dish hasn't located a sat. it won't work. Good luck.
Thanks, Judy. We already knew that the booster works with the OTA input only, but I appreciate the reminder. I'm sure I'll have plenty of additional questions as soon as we get started with the setup.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sounds like I went with the right choice, buying the 211k. Thanks.
I certainly think you made the rigt choice. We have k in bedroom at home near tv with hdmi cable to tv then the more common coax going to a tv in my man cave. Althoug I must watch same show aa my wife might watch in bedroom, all works fine. Coax signat produces excellent picture also. For MH, I just remove K to entertainment cabinet of MH and plug in satelitte. Bingo. No calling, just go for it as at home. For bedroom tv I have a wireless hdmi unit to sent to bedroom tv, it has the ir cababilities to help use receiver from bedroom. Looking back, I suspect if I used existing coax in bedroom and hooked other end that is in cabinet to receiver it would have worked fine, maybe not quit as good on hd, but sufficient. You may be abe to do same with the nice 211K receiver. I thnk you will find all easy fix and enjoyable. Bill
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck454 View Post
I certainly think you made the rigt choice. We have k in bedroom at home near tv with hdmi cable to tv then the more common coax going to a tv in my man cave. Althoug I must watch same show aa my wife might watch in bedroom, all works fine. Coax signat produces excellent picture also. For MH, I just remove K to entertainment cabinet of MH and plug in satelitte. Bingo. No calling, just go for it as at home. For bedroom tv I have a wireless hdmi unit to sent to bedroom tv, it has the ir cababilities to help use receiver from bedroom. Looking back, I suspect if I used existing coax in bedroom and hooked other end that is in cabinet to receiver it would have worked fine, maybe not quit as good on hd, but sufficient. You may be abe to do same with the nice 211K receiver. I thnk you will find all easy fix and enjoyable. Bill
Thanks for the encouraging words, Bill! Sounds like you have a great setup. Since we have cable TV (bundled with phone and internet) at home, we don't have the option of taking a receiver from the house. My sister and BIL do the same as you, though. They have DirecTV at home and can take one of their receivers on the road in their motorhome.

I'm getting anxious to get this all hooked up before our trip next month!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Nope. You need one of these antennas:
- DISH 500 Pro Plus

- DISH 1000.2

- DISH 1000.4

The last two require a heavy-duty tripod like this.

Plus, you should get yourself a decent sat meter.

So when all is said and down, you might just want to pop for a Tailgater.
I'll be set up in a permanent location on my RV Lot so the Dish 500 may work. Txs for sharing
Old 08-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Wayne, we are actually out of the city; near Lake Houston.
Thanks for starting(contributing to this thread)...We are down the road(EAST) of of the "pond"...Just bought a new Winegard Carryout for my yet to be delivered(ok I just ordered) D12 DirecTV receiver. I say the Pay as you Go receiver from Dish and liked the concept but being a DTV customer at home, sort of only makes sense us as it is 5 or so extra bucks a month - use it or not.

Heck...all this prep and we haven't even taken out the new MH yet. Will keep reading this thread as with all the excellent contributions.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite