Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Dish Wally receiver signal meter available?

I have a new Wally receiver that I am trying to setup using my crank up satellite dish. I need to access the signal meter to point the dish but the Wally is stuck in the setup wizard. Does anyone know how to exit the wizard and get to the manual setup to allow dish pointing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdukes View Post
I have a new Wally receiver that I am trying to setup using my crank up satellite dish. I need to access the signal meter to point the dish but the Wally is stuck in the setup wizard. Does anyone know how to exit the wizard and get to the manual setup to allow dish pointing?
I don't think you'll have any luck trying to do it that way. The antenna has to be correctly aligned and receiving a signal before you can do the Wally setup. Your best bet is to find someone with a home antenna or a Trav'ler and use that to complete the setup. The Wally has to download a whole software update before it's usable. Once it's set up and updated, you might be able to use the signal strength meter to tweak the alignment.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #3

I thought if you hit the home button 2x it will exit the setup process and allow access to the menus. But don't quote me on that.
But I would question whether your crank up dish is still compatible.
I had a problem once with my Winegard Mission Roadtrip/Wally and called Dish. They were not familiar with how to do it and referred me to another company. I think it was Pace Outdoor 866-262-1240. Give them a call and see if they can recommend a solution.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #4

When we set up Dish on our 2004 MADP, it had an old Carryout dome. I bought a Wally and tried to set it up. Turns out Dish changed their software last year and our old dome was obsolete and could not be made to work. I would not be surprised if your antenna has the same problem.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I will try the "home button 2x" and see if it works. I have a 211z I can align with but it is a hassle to change just to aim. I bought the Wally because of the rf remote and its ability to be used in the bedroom with the Wally up front.

Tags
dish