Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
I recently purchased a DishPro 311 receiver to replace my old 3900 receiver. It would capture both satellites but not all of the odd and even transponders. I ran the full(38)test twice. When exiting the "Point Dish" screen the receiver goes to a screen where satellite signal is aquired. I left it on this screen for 20 minutes and the progress bar never showed any progress. I reinstalled the old 3900 receiver and everything was back to normal. We have a 2004 Itasca Meridian with the Winegard AS2003 automatic dish.
Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?
I sent inquiries to both DishNetwork and Winegard yesterday and have not had a response from either one yet.
I put the receiver in the house in place of a 301 receiver with similar results. DishNet phone tech's were no help.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I recently purchased a DishPro 311 receiver to replace my old 3900 receiver. It would capture both satellites but not all of the odd and even transponders. I ran the full(38)test twice. When exiting the "Point Dish" screen the receiver goes to a screen where satellite signal is aquired. I left it on this screen for 20 minutes and the progress bar never showed any progress. I reinstalled the old 3900 receiver and everything was back to normal. We have a 2004 Itasca Meridian with the Winegard AS2003 automatic dish.
Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?
I sent inquiries to both DishNetwork and Winegard yesterday and have not had a response from either one yet.
I put the receiver in the house in place of a 301 receiver with similar results. DishNet phone tech's were no help.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #3

Are you sure that your new receiver does not require the newer DP (Dish Pro) LNB's? I know very little about Dish Network so I am truly just asking.
I know I have seen posting about the different Dish LNB's but that's about all I know.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I really don't know if newer LNB's would help. You make a good point.
Still waiting for Dish and Winegard to respond to my inquiry.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 AM   #5

B.C.

You will likely be old and gray haired like me before you get an email answer. Your best bet is to call Dish, listen closely to the phone prompts and click your way to "tech support". These are not the customer service folk you talked to already. They speak English, live in America and, with rare exception, really know what they are talking about.

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Dishnet Receivers like the 211 and 311 require the use of the "DishPro Dual Plus" LNB. This LNB has a extra LNB input connector. This connector is used to hook up a 3rd LNB for HD channels on Sat 65 or 129 degrees. I think the 311 manual will have diagrams of what is needed.

Without the Dishpro LNB I do not believe the 311 will find the signal data to load the software and synchronize all the channels.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote