Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DishTV in Canada

Anyone use DishTV in Canada? I can't find any site that has the azimuth, skew, and elevation codes. I have read where people use it, but no additional information on setting it up. I'm looking for New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island specifically..

Bob
2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H
boblear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #2

Signal should be available to most of southern Canada. Some private sites may have the correct positions, but you could always use the nearest US city and then correct for the difference.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #3

Try this site. I have used this program in Canada with good results.
SatFinder

Bill
Troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

A friend of mine uses Dish and he says that they cannot get service north of Maine because the dish has to be aimed so low (almost zero elevation) there is always something in the way. I know in Bar Harbor, ME their rooftop dome wouldn't aim low enough and they had to put out a tripod dish to get a signal there.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
When we went to Alaska in 2001, we were Dish Network customers. We were able to get our satellite tuned in as far north as Whitecourt (that was the last time we tried, so don't know if we could have gotten it further north...this was with the regular 18" dish).

What we did was to find a US city as close to due south of our location as we could and find the coordinates for that city. That gives you the Azimuth. Elevation will be somewhat lower, so you'll just have to play with the dish.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #6

Most dishes and domes have a lower elevation limit of 15-20 degrees above the horizon. If you are using a satellite such as 101 or 110 from Valdez , AK the calculated elevation is 11.4 degrees, so you won't get these birds without some modification. If you do get the dish down lower, you will have no problem getting the reception as long as there is a clear lone of sight to the satellite. I'm on DirecTV and am now receiving full service in Valdez with a Winegard Trav'ler 3005. Temporary mod for this dish will cost you 1 penny. A permanent mod cost me $2.39. See http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/wineg...rth-55179.html for particulars.

John
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote