RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #183

Tiffin Owners Club
Dropping Satellite for Streaming Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
AT&T. (Direct TV) has put their last. salilite and has launch a new streaming service using their own streaming

Spectrum/TimeWarner cable is doing the same thing. Use their app on Roku, fire stick, etc and no cable box rental. Meant to compete with YouTube tv and Hulu and priced accordingly. Not really advertised but thereís been a few announcements about it. Last I looked it was not even on their website.

When I checked on it several months ago was told you do have to have spectrum internet to get it.

Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #184

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got the email below from HULU

==============
Itís good to unplug. It's bad to miss your shows. Well, consider this one solved. Our Downloads feature lets you watch tons of shows and movies even when you don't have internet. So what are you waiting for? Start downloading with the updated app.

Past RVs 2006 21 Foot BT Cruiser Class C - 2015 Montana 3711 - 2016 Grand Design 310GK-R
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:34 PM   #185

Quote:
Just got the email below from HULU

==============
Itís good to unplug. It's bad to miss your shows. Well, consider this one solved. Our Downloads feature lets you watch tons of shows and movies even when you don't have internet. So what are you waiting for? Start downloading with the updated app.
Is that just for Hulu TV or all the Hulu content? Ihats good news!
Old 11-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #186

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonVBT View Post
Is that just for Hulu TV or all the Hulu content? Ihats good news!

I understand it's SELECT content.
Past RVs 2006 21 Foot BT Cruiser Class C - 2015 Montana 3711 - 2016 Grand Design 310GK-R
Old 11-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #187

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just signed on to Apple TV Plus service that started on 1 Nov with my IPhone 11 that I have had for the last 45 days and gave me a free year.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #188

Quote:
I have the now discontinued Verizon prepaid unlimited plan and have had good luck streaming. I also I'm looking at dumping Dish and cutting the cord at home but my biggest concern is when I'm not in my zip code. Some of the services frown on when traveling and will cut you off when out of your zip. I have heard mix reports on which will allow roaming from zip code to zip code. I can't give any first-hand advice but maybe others will chime in.
Verzion still list the $70/$65 prepaid plan on their web site so I don't think it is discontinued. Both Hulu and YT TV have a restriction on how many times the location can be changed and it is determined by the location of the streaming device. Try https://support.google.com/youtubetv.../7193651?hl=en for YT TV response. So for me it seems like if I want local channels in a remote area and I travel full time my only option is satellite.
a7pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7pilot View Post
So for me it seems like if I want local channels in a remote area and I travel full time my only option is satellite.
I recommend trying a VPS for custom VPN (not a commercial VPN service like NordVPN) before giving up. The VPS-based VPN will give you a static IP that no one else is using, which is less likely to be blocked by a streaming service.
dmp1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #190

For those of you that use Air TV DVR or similar can you connect those devices to RV park cable in lieu of over the air? All the places we stay have cable but it would be nice to record and watch later (and scan thru commercials).
If you do it that way any issues?
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohnson913 View Post
For those of you that use Air TV DVR or similar can you connect those devices to RV park cable in lieu of over the air? All the places we stay have cable but it would be nice to record and watch later (and scan thru commercials).
If you do it that way any issues?
OTA recording only for the AirTV. Mine connects to my network at home for sharing to all TVs in the house and on the road via the Sling app. But I also share the Sling cloud recordings as well, plus watch my local OTA broadcasts from the RV while we are away.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #192

Satellite tv

We dropped satellite tv and started using a roku stick which has a lot of different services availible.also bought one for the trailer so we have on the road. We had sling for a while but dropped it for philo which cost less and has the same bennifet as satellite and sling.
locator777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #193

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can use Roku to get Utube TV. $50 per month, live TV including sports channels, locals, HGTV, ETC. 73 LIVE CHANNELS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have a Roku, in fact I have several. Roku is not a streaming service, it is a streaming device that can be used to access streaming services. In order to get things like ESPN, A&E, HGTV, etc.. You need some sort of Live TV provider such as DirecTV, Sling TV, or Cox Cable. The Roku alone will not get you access to these channels. There are a few free channels available on the Roku, but not all the ones I would want.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #194

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Again, the basic issue with streaming anything is good internet connection. We've been in places that AT&T and Verizon might have had 1 bar (even for voice) and NO OTA channels. So the only options (as long as you not under trees) are Satellite TV or Satellite internet
I've had more problems with trees on my tailgator than a Verizon signal. To be fair, we are full timers, and I've learned to work around many things.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Streaming is all well and good IF you have decent cell service. There are so many places that wont happen. In those cases what do you have?
A selection of previously downloaded movies, music, magazines and books.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana808 View Post
A selection of previously downloaded movies, music, magazines and books.
post 131 talks about this in detail

RonVBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, streaming tv service