RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Well, I was getting excited about the prospect of dropping DTV for a streaming service, so I just signed up for the free trial of U Tube TV. So far, so bad! I donít have a smart tv but I am using Apple TV to make the connection. No issues with the iPhone or iPad but the TV is a no go. Have watched several u tube videos but all attempts
have failed, guess Iíll be calling them tomorrow. Unless Iím missing something I didnít see a ďnormalĒ program guide to be able to see whatís coming up. Right now it seems cumbersome to navigate and not at all what I was hoping for. I guess I expected more of conventional guide/channel wise. I really donít want to have to login into different locations and enter codes just to get it to work every time I want to watch TV. Maybe tomorrow will bring some progress.

Look at the top in Ďhomeí and chose Ďliveí. You will get a channel listing and guide. Actually pretty easy.

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #240

I am using the ďliveĒ button and all the guide will show is the current hour and one additional hour of guide, nothing further. I believe I am casting since most content control for the TV must come from the iPhone/ iPad. Other than the volume control on the Apple TV remote all other buttons cause a loss of picture, probably the nature of the box. Iím getting better at navigating the system and have put DTV on suspend for a month to force myself to become more familiar. Iím also considering a Roku device to see it I like that better.

falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #241
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
I am using the ďliveĒ button and all the guide will show is the current hour and one additional hour of guide, nothing further..
Attached is a screen shot of the Live tab of YouTube TV as displayed on my Windows laptop. I've circled the arrows at the right side which allow me to advance the guide to future hours.

As I said in my previous post, you may not have those arrows in your application. When I access YouTube TV from my Android phone I don't have them either. But the capability exists in YouTube TV, the issue is how the app may have been implemented on your device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	you tube tv.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	267494  
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Attached is a screen shot of the Live tab of YouTube TV as displayed on my Windows laptop. I've circled the arrows at the right side which allow me to advance the guide to future hours.

As I said in my previous post, you may not have those arrows in your application. When I access YouTube TV from my Android phone I don't have them either. But the capability exists in YouTube TV, the issue is how the app may have been implemented on your device.

I use the Ďliveí tab in YouTubeTV on my smart TV and it brings up a guide just like the guide on Dish. Works just fine.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:16 AM   #243

I donít have the little arrow on the far right of the screen of the iPhone or iPad to expand the time frame, just the two hour block. Iím unable to get any type of guide on the TV via the Apple TV.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:49 AM   #244

Don, on the channel guide you do get, the one that shows only an hour or two ahead, use your remote to navigate to the channel itself - as far left as you can get. So if you're on say NBC, navigate to highlight the NBC logo and press enter. The shows for NBC will display for the next 24 hours.
This is how it works on a Roku, you're fire stick may be different.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #245

Of those of you using Roku, is it the Stick, Express, Express +,Premium, or Ultra?

Im thinking Ill get Express +, I like the more functional remote , dont need 4k for several years, price is good.

Thoughts?
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #246
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrip View Post
Of those of you using Roku, is it the Stick, Express, Express +,Premium, or Ultra?

Im thinking Ill get Express +, I like the more functional remote , dont need 4k for several years, price is good.

Thoughts?
I have two Rokus' one is an older Premier and the other is a Stick. Both work well. I, also, didn't have a need for 4k. The newer Rokus all have faster "response times".

The Premier is an IR-only remote and I use a Logitech Harmony with an IR blaster to control it. The Stick has an IR/RF remote and I use it to turn the TV on and off and for TV volume.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #247

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have Youtube TV and a new LG C9 TV, Fire Cube and Fire Stick and all three I can only scroll forward for more than 6 hours or programing. It 11:00 local and I can't see what comes on in Prime Time from 7 to 10 PM. Is this the case for everyone else?
Past RVs 2006 21 Foot BT Cruiser Class C - 2015 Montana 3711 - 2016 Grand Design 310GK-R
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #248
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I donít have the little arrow on the far right of the screen of the iPhone or iPad to expand the time frame, just the two hour block. Iím unable to get any type of guide on the TV via the Apple TV.

If you click on the channel icon on left it brings up a longer period of time just for that channel on the IOS apps.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #249

The Roku experiment so far is going pretty well, Iím slowly getting used to it. Still not totally loving the guide but since I usually watch the same channels it not that big of deal, I do love the unlimited DVR feature. I bought the Streaming Stick+ from Best Buy $60, model 3811R, HD 4K HDR. What I like about this model is that it incorporates a private listening headphone plug into the remote that allows me to watch programs when the wife is doing something else and doesnít want to hear them. The ear pieces provided are junk so I need to find something else. I think itís a special model made only for BB and WM. While Iím able to delete and adjust the channel positions on the iPhone/ iPad it seems you cannot do that on the TV, requiring you to scroll through all the channels, unless I just havenít figured out how to do that yet.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #250

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
While Iím able to delete and adjust the channel positions on the iPhone/ iPad it seems you cannot do that on the TV, requiring you to scroll through all the channels, unless I just havenít figured out how to do that yet.
You can move channels around on the TV. Just pick a channel, hit the * button and "Move Channel" is an option.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #251

Quote:
While Iím able to delete and adjust the channel positions on the iPhone/ iPad it seems you cannot do that on the TV, requiring you to scroll through all the channels, unless I just havenít figured out how to do that yet.
It is also helpful to remove channels that you just don't use. I organized mine so the Tablo Dvr app is first, followed bu Hulu, Prime and Sling. Any others are seldom used by us.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #252

Dropping Satellite for Streaming Service

I tried the suggestions and still having zero success with deleting or rearranging the channels while on the TV. No problems with the iPad or iPhone. After selecting a channel and using the * key as suggested, It only give some audio selections. There is no ďmove channelĒ button. There is a default/custom tab that relates to channel arrangement but selecting custom only brings up a banner telling me to make changes via the app. Tried that with no effect on the TV. Guess Iíll be trying the help line at YouTube.

Tags
satellite, streaming tv service