RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #253
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
I tried the suggestions and still having zero success with deleting or rearranging the channels while on the TV. No problems with the iPad or iPhone. After selecting a channel and using the * key as suggested, It only give some audio selections. There is no ďmove channelĒ button. There is a default/custom tab that relates to channel arrangement but selecting custom only brings up a banner telling me to make changes via the app. Tried that with no effect on the TV. Guess Iíll be trying the help line at YouTube.
I believe the prior suggestions are to rearrange the "channels" on the opening Roku screen.
I am not aware of anyway to move the channels in the guide on YouTube Tv which is what I think you are after. You can hide or show only the channels you wish to be on the guide.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #254

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, I thought you wanted to rearrange channels on the Roku. That's what I was responding too.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
It is also helpful to remove channels that you just don't use. I organized mine so the Tablo Dvr app is first, followed bu Hulu, Prime and Sling. Any others are seldom used by us.
Just so Im understanding this, is a channel Hulu, Sling, etc? Or is a channel History, A&E?
I was thanking Hulu, Sling, etc were "providers", like Dish, Directv.
Am I confused?
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #256

Winnebago Owners Club
On the Roku menu they are considered "Channels." And you "Add Channels" or "Delete Channels." But really they are Apps. Most of them are a single content provider - but then others like ATT TV Now "Channel" have 60 "TV channels" within the one app. Same with YouTube Live and Hulu Live.

But Netflix is just Netflix. Amazon Prime is just Amazon Prime. The only choices within those channels is for genre.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #257
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Falconman
I did find out you can rearrange the live guide on YouTube TV from the iPad app and possibly on their web page.
Click sort and edit using custom.
You can hide and show channels and by selecting on right side a channel can be dragged to where you want it.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #258
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
Falconman
I did find out you can rearrange the live guide on YouTube TV from the iPad app and possibly on their web page.
Click sort and edit using custom.
You can hide and show channels and by selecting on right side a channel can be dragged to where you want it.
Right. There are quite a few channels that we would never watch and which we have removed from our channel display.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
On the Roku menu they are considered "Channels." And you "Add Channels" or "Delete Channels." But really they are Apps. Most of them are a single content provider - but then others like ATT TV Now "Channel" have 60 "TV channels" within the one app. Same with YouTube Live and Hulu Live.

But Netflix is just Netflix. Amazon Prime is just Amazon Prime. The only choices within those channels is for genre.
Thanks, makes more sense now!
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #260

Tried all the suggestions and even chatted with YouTube help
line. They referred me to the app to make the changes. They said the TV would reflect the change as well since it was one account. Didnít work, iPad/iPhone are in my desired order but not TV, giving up for now.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #261
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
line. They referred me to the app to make the changes. They said the TV would reflect the change as well since it was one account. Didnít work, iPad/iPhone are in my desired order but not TV, giving up for now.
FWIW about two weeks ago I experienced an entire evening during which the channel order on my YouTube TV account was totally messed up and was different on different devices. Being a bit OCD, I played with it for more than an hour to no avail. Magically, the next day everything was fine again and the channels were in the desired order. Obviously was something wrong on YouTube's end.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #262

Quote:
I found it easiest to rearrange the guide by logging in to a desktop computer instead of my iPad or iPhone.
You can move desired channels to top, bottom or middle of the guide. Every user (up to five) can set up their guides as they like. All the channels will be in the same order on all devices.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #263

Dropping Satellite for Streaming Service

I used my laptop, non Apple variety, and logged into the site with no improvement. The channels were already in my preferred order as the iPhone/ iPad are, but no change on the TV. This was the also the method suggested by the support person.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #264

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So, I was in the Verizon store on Black Friday buying a new phone for my mom (she had a iPhone 5c) and found out that as of Jan 1 Verizon is taking 3G offline to make room for 4 & 5 G. Since I had an iPhone 5S, found out that this was going to impact me so I also opted for a new phone.
The point of this in this thread is to also advise that in so doing, Apple gave me 12 months free of Apple TV+, so that is another bit of programming I'll be able to stream, along with YouTube TV, Philo and Prime.
Undoubtedly more content than I have time for. Maybe something to watch when I'm on the treadmill.

Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, streaming tv service