Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
To answer your question properly about where deleted items are, depends on how your mail is setup (see post 14).

If you are using a pop3 setting, then deleted items are on your computer. If you are using IMAP, they are sitting on a server. Either way they shouldn't be causing you email difficulties. Confirm for us whether us are using pop3 or Imap.

Also, Windows Mail and Outlook are very different animals. Windows Mail was a replacement for Outlook Express. Outlook proper did things very differently than Outlook Express.

Here is the other check you can do.

You can install another email client such as Thunderbird and configure with one account only. Try it and see if successfully downloads emails. If yes, then configure other account (I think you have 2). Same process check to see if it successfully downloads.

What this will tell you. - 1. if there is a problem with an account, it will help you focus on which one. Did you look online (ie though Internet Explorer or another browser at the emails you have waiting to download in your accounts?). Did any have large attachments?

If both work then I suspect you have a corrupt data file for windows mail
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You are getting to your yahoo mail account because you are logged into yahoo with your yahoo account. If that makes sense. You need to log out (Sign Out) and then log back in using your sbcglobal account email address and the password you established for it.

SBC sold all of it's accounts to yahoo many years ago. SBC allowed a maximum of 10 email sub accounts under the major account. I have 10 SBC email accounts. Example: 123@sbcglobal.net, 456@sbcglobal.net, 789@sbcglobal.net, etc. If I am signed in and have indicated that I want to be remember, say for 123@sbcglobal.net, I have to sign out and then I can sign in with 456 or 789, and so on.

If your address is @sbcglobal.net your settings should be:

For a POP server: POP.SBCGLOBAL.YAHOO.COM
SMTP shold be: SMTP.SBCGLOBAL.YAHOO.COM

Make sure your port settings in the email setup are this according to using POP or IMAP. SMTP will be the same:

• POP Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995)
  • SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465 with SSL)
  • IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993)
Check to see if you have those setting correct.
995 and 465 with SSL all correct but couldn't find any reference to IMAP port 993.
How/where do you sign off on the different Yahoo.com accounts? I can sign out of Windows Mail but the one i use for junk mail, me@yahoo.com, doesn't seem to have any notation for signing off or logging off like most other pages do so don't know how to get out of it completely.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #17
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Getting ready to check on the Port Number and will see about the Fix for Outlook. Understand Windows Mail was supposed to be the sucessor to Outlook but Fix may still work.
I deleted all 6 of the last e-mails I received with pictures attached just before all this started but since it just puts them into "Deleted Items", and I show 1,097 items in there, can this still clog up the system? I know I can still pull e-mail from the Deleted Items so they must be setting out there but are they still with the server or just on my computer file?
If you have deleted emails why would you want to keep them? There are settings in most client email services that you can indicate if you want to keep email on the server. Some email clients will maintain what ever email items you have on the server. It will all depend on your settings. If you go into your deleted items folder and highlight all the emails in that folder then hit delete, it should get ride of them. If your settings are such that you do not leave email on the server then they will be gone from there also. Lots of variables.

If you are using Windows Mail, that is a client based email system. Client based means the the program to receive and send email resides on your computer. I prefer client based email systems and I don't get all the advertisements and I have a little more control over emails.

The other system is Web Based Email. That is, as Sirprricval stated, when you use a browser and in the browser url you put in mail.yahoo.com
(see next comment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
995 and 465 with SSL all correct but couldn't find any reference to IMAP port 993.
How/where do you sign off on the different Yahoo.com accounts? I can sign out of Windows Mail but the one i use for junk mail, me@yahoo.com, doesn't seem to have any notation for signing off or logging off like most other pages do so don't know how to get out of it completely.
You either run POP or IMAP but not both, so if you are seeing the POP 995 port then that is correct. Here is a link to differences between POP and IMAP.

Now, when you open your favorite browser and type in the URL line "mail.yahho.com" you will either be prompted for a log in window or if you have saved your account name and password you will go directly into the yahoo mail server for your account. Look up in the right hand section of the browser (most browsers but may depend) and click on your account name. A drop down menu should show a "Sign Out" button/link. Sign out and you should be shown another window asking you to log in. Log in with your other email account and add/delete/modify whatever you want.

If you have only one account on your client email you can go to the web based email system, log into your accounts, one at a time, and through the settings forward the email coming into that account to the client based account. There are many variations to that also.

Happy trails.

p.s., here is a link to setting up Windows Mail using Yahoo.com Windows Mail Setup
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #18

Appreciate all the help and suggestions Fellows, especially the Fix and Windows reload links. I'm still trying to work though it all but things are very rapidly getting way over my head. I may, as a last resort, have to find a good reliable (?) geek to go through my computer and see what he can remedy.
I have been able to sign off of Yahoo.com by going to my sign-in name in the upper right hand corner (didn't know what that was for) but so far haven't been able to use the browser to get into Windows Mail. I usually would get there by clicking the icon on the start page, or clicking Start then all programs then Windows Mail.
Will let you know when I'm through pulling my hair out (which won't take long no more than I have) or a solution presents itself. Thanks again for all your time and efforts.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Remember, you are trying to log into Yahoo mail and you need to do that with the browser.

See if this helps you set up again for Windows Mail

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-class...l-sln3285.html

or this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...h-windows-mail
Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Remember, you are trying to log into Yahoo mail and you need to do that with the browser.

See if this helps you set up again for Windows Mail

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-class...l-sln3285.html

or this

Troubleshoot problems with Windows Mail
Hello Wayne,
Still struggling here. Tried the "windows.microsoft" link above, it says to try loading Windows Live Mail but that site says "Windows Live Essentials 2011 is no longer available to download for Windows Vista".

Tried the "Help.yahoo.com" link which says for receiving e-mail problem to verify e-mail account - that has already been done.
After that "Enable a secure connection to e-mail server". I went through that procedure and did have to check the box for Incoming Mail that said "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)."
After that it said to "Click Send/Receive to receive your e-mail, which I did after that.
The Windows Mail site showed "Checking for new messages on pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" but after a minute or two got the error message again.
So guess I'm back to square one.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #21
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, if you want to view your email on yahoo go to www.mail.yahoo.com and sign in. You will be presented with an email presentation page with inbox, sent, etc., until you can get a technician to fix your system.

I don't know why you are still on Windows Vista. Is it even supported anymore?

I have a friend that is as knowledgeable as you on computers and recently he upgraded to Windows 8. He doesn't like the new GUI (Graphical User Interface) but it is working find for him.

Download an email program called Thunderbird, it is free, and it works.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Be different if i were there, or you here.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #22

When I had previously googled "Fix 0X800CCC0F" I got several supposedly fixes to download but have heard some of these so called fixes can cause more problems than they correct.
Does anyone know anything about REGSERVO, Error Repair Tool, or SmartPCFixer?
I have been running Ccleaner, Avast, Malwarebytes, and occasional SUPER Antispyware, but these don't seem to be helping my problem with receiving e-mail on Windows Mail.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #23

About 3 days ago i managed to sign off of my yahoo.com e-mail site and went to mail.yahoo.com to sign on with sbcglobal.net. This did bring up my Windows Mail site but in a different format and not as complete as the Windows Mail is. It only showed 2 incoming e-mails, which I deleted, and now it shows Inbox Empty. It shows 15 Deleted Items, so this all is completely different from what I see when I go directly to Windows Mail inbox, which lists the 97 e-mails I haven't gotten around to deleting yet.

Anyway, now my Windows Mail is working like it should have been all along except I believe there are still incoming e-mails setting out there that i've never received. I sent an e-mail from my wife's gmail account to my sbcglobal.net and it's never arrived even though the gmail account shows it as being sent.

Also, being that Thunderbird was suggested, I installed it several years ago but have never been able to use it or to understand how it works.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Somewhere in your profile setting there is a check box to leave your mail on the server. You should also be able to set the limit of how long to leave it there. Someone with Windows Maill should be able to tell you how to do that.

We all have had to learn from the beginning and nothing was that easy. Perseverance is the key. There are tow principles to operate from the WAG principle and the SWAG principle. The WAG is a "Wild A#@ Guess." If you read the manual it becomes a "Scientific Wild A#@ Guess." The latter is the better way to go.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:40 PM   #25

Wayne, you just gave me a much needed chuckle for the day.

I used to think anything could be accomplished with patience and (like you said) perseverance but as age creeps upon us it seems I have less and less of both of those.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #26
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yeah! My mind is quicker than you old folks and I'm in my 70's.