Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Good Sam RVND 7735 LM

Anyone using one? Good and bad? How do you attach it in a motorhome. Windshield suction appears too far from the driver. I am thinking about buying one and would appreciate feedback.
Roger
rogerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought one this past spring. It is very good but I question some of its routing. I mounted my on the side window rather than the windshield as that is closer. The reason I question the routing is that if you set the preference for freeways then it maximizes the use of freeways and will not always give you the shortest route. However it does get you where you want to go.
bw134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fairly good, but verify your route. Mine tried to take my 40' footer over a small cable ferry just outside McMinville,OR. Thankfully there was a good turn around but that put us a good 50 miles out of the way. Still have visions of the ferry worker walking up to our rig shaking their head.
Starbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #4

I don't own this particular device but I do have 3 others and all I can say is that some May have a few more bells and whistles but at the end of the day, they are a computer that will do what it is told. No more, no less.
Take what you get with a grain of common sense and you will find it is a great navigational tool that was not available a few years ago.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #5

I am thinking about buying a RVND 7735 LM while it is sale, but I noticed Garmin's RV660OLMT has the same features plus has an Elevation Profile that displays steep grades along the way and has an Up Ahead tool that displays a constant stream of nearby places such as fuel services and rest areas.

I hope someone that has a RVND 7735 LM can tell me if it also offers these options.
Wutalotahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #6

Yes