Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Handicap Lift option that works well

I installed a Travel Lift Chair and could not be happier. My daughter has Cerebral Palsy and we almost passed on getting a MH because we were not sure we could get her in it. We found a used Travel Lift Chair and took a chance. We purchased a 2003 Winnebago Brave 34D and the unit bolted in perfectly. The directions and pictures mean it is a do it yourself job. Took about an hour of my time using a drill and screwdriver. Unit runs on 110VAC which has not been a problem. It does make a slight rattle on the road, but is not that noticeable. The best part is the Customer Service. The company is owned by Garlin Cheatham, and I am here to tell you he is the nicest guy I have ever done business with. Even though we purchased a used lift, his customer support has been way above and beyond anything I could have expected.. It is a safe buy and a great machine. The web site is not as fancy as other companies, but believe me the product works. It has freed our family to do some traveling and sightseeing. No more looking for handicapped rooms.
Travel Lift Chair URL:[url=http://www.travelliftchair.com/home.html]Travel Lift Chair®***

Update - This system was installed in Spring of 2014 and still meets our needs. Also we found the source of the slight rattle and fixed it by loosening the two lock collars and taking the play out.
Woofer-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Inside Motor Home Wheelchair

If you have someone that needs a wheelchair and the size of the wheel chair limits your ability to access parts of your motorhome, consider getting one of these.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Invacare-Lightweight-Folding-Transport-Wheelchair-/350320834051]>
The Invacare Lightweight Folding Transport Wheelchair can cost up to $200 and this Ebay site has a bunch of these for $90.
It is 21" wide at the widest point (front wheels) which means it will fit down most RV hallways with room to miss floor level detectors and door jams. It is lightweight and will fit into most toilet areas. It folds into a compact package and can be easily stowed for travel. I got one for my daughter and it works great!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Super Arm Lift for Motor Home Wheel Chair Access

For those that need to load a person in a wheel chair, I recommend the Super Arm Lift. Our is now 15 years old and still working well. It really doesn't take much room snd is very easy to use.

John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nice rig John

Hi John...
Looks like an efficient system for your use.

Thanks for adding to this thread

Tags
handicap