Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #1

Help with Firefox from the computer experts

I was using my shortcut icon on the start page last night but today when I click on the icon I get a message saying the item this shortcut applies to has either moved or been changed and it no longer works.

I've used this shortcut icon for so long I have no idea how to get to Mozilla Firefox browser without using it. Surely it isn't necessary to use a shortcut when wanting the Firefox browser everytime but I'm completely lost as what to do.
Do I delete the current Firefox and possibly lose my bookmarks, or just do a new download/install.
I know I'm a complete computer Dummy but this really makes me feel worse than just a Dummy.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Click the "Start" button, look for the Firefox tab on the left side,......
If you don't see it there, click the start button again and type the word firefox in the search area.......
Then after you get it operating again, click on the firefox link, in the small long box at the top of your page, left click on it once to highlight it, the right click on it and click on copy, then close/minimize that page, and right click on the screen and click the paste tab.........this should put the new,working link/short cut back on your screen.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Click the "Start" button, look for the Firefox tab on the left side,......
If you don't see it there, click the start button again and type the word firefox in the search area.......
Then after you get it operating again, click on the firefox link, in the small long box at the top of your page, left click on it once to highlight it, the right click on it and click on copy, then close/minimize that page, and right click on the screen and click the paste tab.........this should put the new,working link/short cut back on your screen.
After "Start" clicking on the Firefox tab gets the same "unavailable" statement. by using the "search area" I get to the operating page but when I minimize that page and right click on the screen the "paste tab" is barely visible (not available to use) so I'm stuck there.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #4

I think I have an answer and a question.
Right click on desk top.
Click new shortcut
Browse
Find your 'C' drive and click
Program files click
Mozilla Firefox click
Firefox click ok
Next
Finish
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458706304.837625.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458706330.564204.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458706351.176345.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458706369.800110.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  78.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458706387.160644.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  95.0 KB
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #5

Questions like these it is helpful to indicate which Windoze operating system you have. 3.11 95 98 2000 NT Vista XP 7 8 8.x 10!
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #6

Finally decided the simplest/easiest thing for a computer Dummy like me to do would be to just download/install Firefox all over again. Initially was afraid to do this in case I would lose all my bookmarks but that didn't happen.
Everything seems to be working as it should now and I have two Firefox icons on the desktop, even the one that was causing me the headache before is working fine now. I have no idea what could have happened before or how to avoid it again in the future.
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Tags
computer, fire