Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

In Motion Satellite

Members, I am picking up my New/used RV in a few days and I have a King Dome In Motion Satellite on the roof...But I do not have a receiver in the RV. ( I have 2 TV's )
Question....what is the best reciever for this kind of Satellite ? and where do I get it from...Camping World...Direct TV, etc...if I buy one how do I get it set up...( subscription)?.....or if I get it from one of the Cable companies...do it get it with a subscription ...?
Also, my radio has XM screen...how do I get that set up?..get a subscription....I am 2100 miles from home.

Thanks
Jimmi V.
2010 Dynamax Grand Sport 40 gt.
Jimmithev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #2

Call Dish they will get set and you get HD Ch's I think it is a 211k rec
REB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the same kingdome I believe it is not compatible with HD I have regular Direct tv the receiver is a lease from them. I am not sure but I think it will also pick up Dish network if programmed for it. If it is HD compatible it will have hdmi cabling not coax.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too the same Kingdome and it is not compatible with HD. I have Direct tv and leasing their DVR receiver from them. There is the option to buy it.
I started with Dish TV years ago only because I already had it in the stick house and was use to it, but it was a major headache in the RV getting locked on a signal. I've been real happy with Direct.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #5

You should read manual from your KingDome before you purchase a receiver that may not work with it. Example, I have a Winegard In Motion which will receive both DirectTV or Dish. Requires flipping some Dip switches under the Dome to switch between services. In motion dishes do not receive DirectTV HD, only SD. Dish on the Winegard In Motion will receive HD. If you have no manual then you may try to Google your dish to get correct information.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
I too the same Kingdome and it is not compatible with HD. I have Direct tv and leasing their DVR receiver from them. There is the option to buy it.
I started with Dish TV years ago only because I already had it in the stick house and was use to it, but it was a major headache in the RV getting locked on a signal. I've been real happy with Direct.
Mine has been Florida to Maine to Wyoming to Southern Cal works great. I heard the same about Dish and the unit finding satilites.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As for your XM. Get the XM ID from the radio, go to channel 1 I think. Call XM and they will set you up with a subscription and activate your radio. Of you ask for a promotional rate you can get one year at a time at a significant discount.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
You should read manual from your KingDome before you purchase a receiver that may not work with it. Example, I have a Winegard In Motion which will receive both DirectTV or Dish. Requires flipping some Dip switches under the Dome to switch between services. In motion dishes do not receive DirectTV HD, only SD. Dish on the Winegard In Motion will receive HD. If you have no manual then you may try to Google your dish to get correct information.
I knew they had better newer stuff than mine, what is that model number on that one?

Tags
satellite