Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2009, 05:58 AM   #1

Jensen Radio replacement

In our 2007 Dutch Star, we have the V185 Jensen radio with the Sirius satellite module added. The radio has been funky from the beginning. Unfortunately it always cleaned up it's act when we went to the factory or to a dealer to have it looked at. It is now out of warranty and is getting too flaky to keep.

It regularly turns itself off...power reset where it goes back to AM radio and clock set at 12:00. Some days it never happens, but some days it can do it every 5 minutes or less. And now the CD player has begun to hang. Given all this, I'm done with this radio and looking for another.

Obviously it will have to fit within the same hole. I would like the same functions with the satellite radio connection and a single CD player. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced theirs and what with. I know it must be for automotive because of the movement, rough roads, etc. but beyond that I haven't looked at radios in a long, long while so looking for some experience here.

I thank you in advance.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I had to replace my 185 within a year on a new 05 Pace Arrow. CD player problem. Warrenty covered it. Haven't had any problems since. I did look at other radios and found that there are lot's of adapter plates for universal fits. You need to visit some automotive sound shops. The down side is getting your rig to them so they can see the what's needed.
I'm OK with the Jensen 185, Ithink it's a pretty good radio and it's easy to remove. Have you checked all the connectors in the back?
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #3

Yes, no fix there. The first time it was looked at was by our dealer tech. Of course it wasn't acting up at that moment. He said he tightened some connections. We just had it out a week or so ago looking for something like that and there is nothing that could be made tighter.

We will start pursuing automotive shops and see what we come up with. Just thought someone here might have been down this same path already.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
Obviously it will have to fit within the same hole. I would like the same functions with the satellite radio connection and a single CD player. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced theirs and what with. I know it must be for automotive because of the movement, rough roads, etc. but beyond that I haven't looked at radios in a long, long while so looking for some experience here.

I thank you in advance.
Go to any auto stereo shop. They will install almost any radio you want and can fit almost any radio to appear factory installed. You shouldn't have to spend over $200 and likely less.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote